Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just changed my oil on my 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio. It was a fairly simple process. Needed to Jack the car up, then took the cars little undercarriage cover off and there was the oil pan and filter. After all set in done I’ve done some research and found nothing but conflicting information on how to do 2 resets

How to reset the oil service reminder

how to reset the computers Maintenance oil change display (days and miles under car settings)

Does anyone know how to reset these 2 without heading to the dealer. Dealer wants to charge $80 just to reset the light, talk about A jk.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sgw bypass....

MES software...

MES cables...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thank you so much! So this will clear the oil change light and one will allow me to update the car settings for the next oil change?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yup it will clear the 2 modules for service so the light goes out and the infotainment resets as well. You can also use it to do things like disable seatbelt chime in case you sit in your car alot in parking lots or drive down to the mailbox or whatever. You can use it to reprogram the car and put a qv dna selector with race mode in the car so you can defeat traction control. You can datalog engine parameters, etc, etc. Its a total of around $150 for all 3 and well worth it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are hands down the best! If you don’t mind me asking what’s the process like what device do I use first? Like can I use my phone with the software modules and is it user friendly? Sorry for all the questions I just order and I’m super excited to get them all

·
Registered
192 Posts
The sgw stands for security gateway. Our cars 2018 and up have them and they prevent writing to the car with the scan tool. So you install that first. Just Google it and you'll see pictures.

The mes software is loaded on anything with windows 10. I use a microsoft surface pro or you can use any cheap windows tablet.

Then the cables you plug in the obd2 and the usb on the windows device.

You can Google resetting the service reminder but you do it in two modules.... the engine control module and then the infotainment module which happens to just be on the main screen. You can download a free version of MES now and play with it in simulation mode

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much! Just ordered everything everything! It bothered me so much that Alfa charges $250 for an oil change. I was able to purchase the oil and filter for about $60. Felt nice to not break the bank just to change the oil

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just the required services. If you had the rare misfortune of an engine failure youd want to be able to show you complied with required services

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes very simple.
Hello,
Hope all is well? I received the tools I need to reset my interval settings. I have a question if you are so kind to help me, do you had to unplug the battery? Before you started taking the plastic covers.
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts