Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I took delivery today. Drove the car home 100 miles and only when the brakes are applied a ticking noise is heard. It’s not something in the tire, again only can be heard when applying the brakes. Sounds like a CV joint when it goes out. Thoughts?

I’m so excited with this car. The handling, power and ride blows away a Lexus I almost made the mistake of buying.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Only with the brakes? Goes away when you take foot off pedal?

Might be a loose brake pad backing plate, very minor, pretty common.

But if it sounds like a CV joint you should get it looked at ASAP.

...I will say, I made mine fly a little using the power of poor judgment (misjudged how much distance I would cover and didn't see the rise on the lakebed doing shots for my next video, got on the brakes late and not enough)...front and rear both went up and came down hard enough I was sure something broke, but nope. Drives perfect. So the CV joints are strong. ..oh and that battery is attached really well, but the floor panel and styrofoam cover with the tools flys all over the place!!!

(The crumby part is I checked the camera on the car after and the memory card was full, stopped like 5 minutes earlier. Dang it!!)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,489 Posts
Don't discount the dust covers behind the disks could be making contact.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alfaoffroad was really close. The dealer changed the front pads and all is good. The service writer said the pad material was flaking off? He had experienced the same issue on a Giulia.

The Ontario Ca dealer could not have been better. Great service department.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased a pre-owned/exec driven 2019 Stelvio QF about 14k km's and I freaking love it. However, it has a major annoyance with the CCB's - they chirp/click on brake at low speeds almost all the time from front left wheel(right wheel some times) unless I modulate the brake pedal with less load. I went to the Dealership and was told some clicking is normal and to run them hot, I have done that a few times but it still does it and in Race mode it gets real chirpy/clicky. grrr. It's horrible! The Dealer did clip off some stickers in front and rear but that didn't resolve the issue.

Could it be glazed pads? Should I continue to try hot runs? I cant tell what else it could be everything looks good and Dealer once over'ed the front. I may bring it back again as the chirp is almost unbearable on Race mode. Any tips to get rid of the chirp? Or should I recommend dealer look again in another area of the wheel/hub/grease/clean?!

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts