Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hooked it up to my other car via under the hood ports, and was able to jump it after 20 minutes of donor charging. Every light came on as a malfunction and cleared up after a couple of miles of driving. I guess it’s gonna be a bit difficult to keep the car charged now since we are under stay in home guidelines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We drive the car on Wednesday, and come Friday it's dead. First it unlocked with a key fob button, but when I got inside to start it it said no key fob present. I put the key fob on the charging pad, and tried again. The tach with speedometer did a weird dance with various warning lights flashing on the dash, and then it just died. No lights, no door locks, it's completely dead. Gonna call the dealer and see if they can come and pick it up with a flatbed. The car has under 4500 miles.
My 2018 battery discharged overnight once. What you saw was the result of a low voltage condition. I charged the battery and haven’t had a recurrence. So, possibly a sticking relay or a module that never went to sleep. I decided to not bother taking it in because the software was up to date and there was a zero chance that the dealer could replicate the problem in order to confirm it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just cut to the chase and get an AGM battery. Either. Alfa gives you the battery-like they did with me- or just buy one yourself. $200. I didn't reset any codes. DIY.
FYI. Varta no makes an improved version of the same EFB battery. Go to their website.
Varta doesn't sell in N America so go to UK site.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We drive the car on Wednesday, and come Friday it's dead. First it unlocked with a key fob button, but when I got inside to start it it said no key fob present. I put the key fob on the charging pad, and tried again. The tach with speedometer did a weird dance with various warning lights flashing on the dash, and then it just died. No lights, no door locks, it's completely dead. Gonna call the dealer and see if they can come and pick it up with a flatbed. The car has under 4500 miles.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares
Hi Alison,
I actually brought the car in for a powertrain recall, and I raised my concerns about the battery. The dealership performed a battery test and recharge service. We'll see how it holds up.
Thank you

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Alison,
I actually brought the car in for a powertrain recall, and I raised my concerns about the battery. The dealership performed a battery test and recharge service. We'll see how it holds up.
Thank you
Hi,
I'm happy to hear they were able to address your concern. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

21 - 27 of 27 Posts