Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Pulled out of the driveway and started accelerating into the turn and the service engine light came on as well as the start/stop light. Turned the car off and back on and the lights are still on. Car still seems to drive fine, with the exception of the start stop feature will not activate(which I don’t mind), AND I cannot change the car out of N mode in the D-N-A mode options. The dial turns, but it stays in the N mode.

I was just at the dealership 2 weeks ago for my 10,000 mile checkup and all was fine. I live 3.5 hours from the closest dealership and would rather not have to drive back.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,
Pulled out of the driveway and started accelerating into the turn and the service engine light came on as well as the start/stop light. Turned the car off and back on and the lights are still on. Car still seems to drive fine, with the exception of the start stop feature will not activate(which I don’t mind), AND I cannot change the car out of N mode in the D-N-A mode options. The dial turns, but it stays in the N mode.

I was just at the dealership 2 weeks ago for my 10,000 mile checkup and all was fine. I live 3.5 hours from the closest dealership and would rather not have to drive back.

Any suggestions?
I have a 2018 Stelvio and this has been an issue for some time. I just had it in for the same problem last week, and voila today the engine light came on and the same issue appeared. The 4th time now. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Battery was fine. Unlatched the hood, opened it and closed it and all the lights went off. The lights have stayed off for three days now. Keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This same problem happened to my 2018 ti sport. pulled out of the driveway into the first turn and check engine light came on and car started limping. lights still worked. Got back home and put the trickle charger on overnight and the problems went away. I've been more careful about keeping the car on the trickle charger and haven't had any problems since. I find the battery goes down really fast in this car, as in a matter of 4 or 5 days. I'm still on the original battery so will probably ask the dealer to put in a new battery the next time I bring the car in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Any suggestions?
Same problem here after 24,000 miles and a maintenance visit. I charged the battery but still no help. I opened and retightened the gas cap and the hood. Start Stop and engine warning light gone!
Glad to be a member here. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yea everyone has this issue on hard acceleration but my theory, and I could be wrong, is that gas is the issue. Okay so when I go to a Chevron near me that is 24hr I get gas and a Monster before the park. When I accelerate fast I get said error. Now when I go to Shell or Exxon nothing. I, as a PS guy, know this is not scientific. Still I think gas may be the issue but what do I know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts