Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of upcoming incentives on 2020 Stelvios yet? It seems that the massive backlog of new 2019 stock is preventing AR from discounting the 2020s at all. This puts me in a difficult spot- I want a 2020 Stelvio, but refuse to pay ~full MSRP. The 2019 MY lack features and refinement which the 2020 goes above and beyond to address; so do I get a more affordable 2020 German car that has all of what I need? They are already significantly discounting their 2020s... I am aware of the advantages of a Stelvio over a German car, absolutely; but I don't think I should even be in this position and really just want a 2020 Stelvio at the same price point.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to the world of supply and demand. Most of the other brands you mention probably don't have the old stock of 2019s and a lot of their 2020s have been out a while. You want the newest and greatest, you have to pay for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't say that supply and demand is the issue- artificially high prices due to poor financial forecasting/business strategy is the problem. In fact if raw supply and demand were in play, then I'd have a 2020 Stelvio by now :) I could wait it out, but my previous vehicle was totaled and I'm paying out of pocket for a rental every week now..

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldn't say that supply and demand is the issue- artificially high prices due to poor financial forecasting/business strategy is the problem. In fact if raw supply and demand were in play, then I'd have a 2020 Stelvio by now :) I could wait it out, but my previous vehicle was totaled and I'm paying out of pocket for a rental every week now..
Really? Higher demand for the 2020s because they are "new" and low dealer supply equals little to no incentives. Lots of 2019 stock with lower demand now that the 2020s are beginning to arrive equals higher incentives so they can get rid of the old stock. If you want the newest, you pay for it. That's pretty much exactly how it works.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a 2020 is more desirable than a 2019 to almost all buyers (but apparently not all- some don't like the touchsreen?). However, the price is still artificially high and not based wholly on supply and demand. 2020s are NOT flying off lots at their current prices because their pricing is simply not aligned with demand... And the supply is artificially regulated in some ways, several dealerships I spoke to have some 2020s in the back lot but won't even advertise them and give me a "well, if you really really want to.." response when I ask to have a look and work up numbers. I keep getting pressured into a 2019 that isn't my top choice..

Applied Economics 101 aside, does anyone know of any upcoming incentives on 2020s?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, a 2020 is more desirable than a 2019 to almost all buyers (but apparently not all- some don't like the touchsreen?). However, the price is still artificially high and not based wholly on supply and demand. 2020s are NOT flying off lots at their current prices because their pricing is simply not aligned with demand... And the supply is artificially regulated in some ways, several dealerships I spoke to have some 2020s in the back lot but won't even advertise them and give me a "well, if you really really want to.." response when I ask to have a look and work up numbers. I keep getting pressured into a 2019 that isn't my top choice..

Applied Economics 101 aside, does anyone know of any upcoming incentives on 2020s?
You are experiencing pretty much exactly what I stated. You want the newest, you pay for it. Supply is still high on the 2019s and they need to get rid of those first, therefore all incentives and promotions will be on those until supply reduces. If you want a 2020 badly enough you will pay for it. This is basically what the dealerships are telling you by not showing you 2020s and pushing 2019s. They need to get rid of those first. Same thing happens with all other consumer products. You want the newest 2020 Sony OLED TV that just got released this week? You pay the full ridiculous MSRP for it. In 6 months you'll be able to buy the same TV for 30% less. You want a really good deal on a Sony OLED TV right now? You buy one from the remaining 2019 stock for 50% of MSRP. Don't expect to see any big incentives for 2020 Stelvio's for a while. Don't believe me, look at the history of when 2019s came out. Same thing happened.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you... When did the 2019s start dropping in price?

Does any know if there any changes to the blind spot assist, front collision warning, and static front sensor capability? If not, I would happily go for a 2019 Sport w those options..

Besides the:
Touchscreen
Steering Wheel Stitching
Level 2 Autonomy package, typically offered w Lussos?
Something w sound deadening?
Not much has changed... It seems!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Come spring/early summer i'm sure theyll be massive discounts already. These arent flying off dealer lots like other brands especially if youre in a busy market like SoCal where we have a few dealers to choose from. I remember back in 18 when I was looking in June they had massive discounts available already on 2018 models. Pretty sure nothing has changed. Youll need a few months for the left over to clear out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Come spring/early summer i'm sure theyll be massive discounts already. These arent flying off dealer lots like other brands especially if youre in a busy market like SoCal where we have a few dealers to choose from. I remember back in 18 when I was looking in June they had massive discounts available already on 2018 models. Pretty sure nothing has changed. Youll need a few months for the left over to clear out.
Yeah I totally agree with your comments... you don't look for a new year vehicle in January and expect incentives wait till the summer I imagine there will be plenty. I just got a great deal on a 19 since I didn't care about the touchscreen... so I wanted to go ahead and get a 19 before they're all gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts