Sorry to hear about that, and thank you for sharing... This is not making me want to buy one...Based on my experience with a 2018 Stelvio I would advise you look elsewhere.
At only 20 months in service and 23k miles, it has been towed five times and been at the dealership for a total of 23 (and counting) days. Tow required as vehicle is either in a limp home / crawl mode or in the case of the battery completely unresponsive.
Alfa has been unhelpful and the dealership experience severely lacking. They’re set up to service Chryslers, not entry level luxury cars. Most of the issues I list below that required a tow they couldn’t even provide me with a loaner.
- Severe water leak from behind the glove box into the cabin while going through the car wash. (Saturated passenger's shoes)
- Battery - required tow
- Coolant temperature sensor - required tow
- Leaking coolant valve - required tow
- Knock sensor fault - required tow
- AST and ESC fault - required tow
- Severe brake squeal
- Radio unresponsive or display does not come on
- Service shifter fault
- RR lift gate button stuck in depressed position