Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Based on my experience with a 2018 Stelvio I would advise you look elsewhere.

At only 20 months in service and 23k miles, it has been towed five times and been at the dealership for a total of 23 (and counting) days. Tow required as vehicle is either in a limp home / crawl mode or in the case of the battery completely unresponsive.

Alfa has been unhelpful and the dealership experience severely lacking. They’re set up to service Chryslers, not entry level luxury cars. Most of the issues I list below that required a tow they couldn’t even provide me with a loaner.

• Severe water leak from behind the glove box into the cabin while going through the car wash. (Saturated passenger's shoes)
  • Battery - required tow
  • Coolant temperature sensor - required tow
  • Leaking coolant valve - required tow
  • Knock sensor fault - required tow
  • AST and ESC fault - required tow
  • Severe brake squeal
  • Radio unresponsive or display does not come on
  • Service shifter fault
  • RR lift gate button stuck in depressed position
Sorry to hear about that, and thank you for sharing... This is not making me want to buy one...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
ok, stuff happens with all cars, but maybe we need a posty thing for this, so we can put the alfa concerns to rest.
yeah, go buy a reliable toyota/lexus whatever

·
Registered
96 Posts
Love my Ti sport basically all options. I would not go down in options unless it is about cost. The nanny options are nice and I would not get another new vehicle without them. The car is a dream to drive and a fantastic interior. Hoping all you “gotta have a new lease” will have another one ready for me in a couple of years coming of lease with low miles. I’ll give my then high mileage Stelvio to my lovely wife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Love my Ti sport basically all options. I would not go down in options unless it is about cost. The nanny options are nice and I would not get another new vehicle without them. The car is a dream to drive and a fantastic interior. Hoping all you “gotta have a new lease” will have another one ready for me in a couple of years coming of lease with low miles. I’ll give my then high mileage Stelvio to my lovely wife.
Do you have active suspension and LSD? Forward collision avoidance, adaptive cruise control? Debating if these are worth it, there seems to be some confusion on their capabilities...

·
Registered
96 Posts
@spericolato yes I have all of those options and it sounds like improvements have been made with the 2020s. The car sticks to the road. Unlike the QV folks I don’t like getting the rear end loose. I am not that driver but I do love taking off from a light and leaving cars behind especially when I think I am taking off slowly.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
We should totally have a thread comparing Alfa recalls and complaints to other manufactures...

Toyota currently has the best recall ever. Had a great laugh over this one.

Toyota has recalled all 2019-2020 RAV 4 hybrids because of a class action lawsuit over the gas tank not being able to be filled to capacity. (Yeah, you read that right, they cant be completetly filled up with gas).

So go to the dealer and they will install a new gas tank.

...but the new tank probably won't accept a full fill either....cause of how it has to be designed to fit in the car.....

Seriously. That is Toyota in 2020.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts