Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here but double Alfa model owner going for the trifecta.
I’m close to buying a new spec’d 2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Trofeo White color, Nero Edition.
Dealer says should arrive any day.
Have they arrived anywhere yet? Thoughts on this new model?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
uh oh ......
welcome, Al, good to see you here.
I have no doubt you will have a set of corsas on 21's by summer, and be embarrassing all manner of vehicles at every track - that allows trucks haha

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
oh, new model same as the old model except the touch screen stuff and gear shifter/console. I expect there will be a run on stitched shift knobs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, new model same as the old model except the touch screen stuff and gear shifter/console. I expect there will be a run on stitched shift knobs.
thanks good to see you.
I’m thinking possibly it’s the first modern Alfa I own that I don’t have to carry a code scanner in the glove box?! There’s always hope! Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh oh ......
welcome, Al, good to see you here.
I have no doubt you will have a set of corsas on 21's by summer, and be embarrassing all manner of vehicles at every track - that allows trucks haha
I’m going to lower it two and half inches so it will look like a shooting brake car. It will slide right in with the rest of the cars! No one will know what it is!!
And technically it’s wife’s car.... Nice Valentine’s Day present to her heh?!
Actually she’s grown to love Alfa too

·
Registered
97 Posts
2020 qv is not ready yet just regular versions... read somewhere that it is expected in summer

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’m going to lower it two and half inches so it will look like a shooting brake car. It will slide right in with the rest of the cars! No one will know what it is!!
And technically it’s wife’s car.... Nice Valentine’s Day present to her heh?!
Actually she’s grown to love Alfa too
Which springs are you going with?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which springs are you going with?
I think only Madness makes the 2.5 inch ones. Others are 2 inch and 1.7 inch.
Hoping to speak with other Stelvio owners who have put springs on for awhile to hear of their experience. Anyone out there?

·
Registered
92 Posts
We’ve got a few threads throughout the forum, mainly Madness vs. H&R

I am in the H&R camp and love them. Wanted to go lower and make a shooting brake like you, but don’t think I’d be able to tolerate anything rougher than the H&R.

Welcome by the way, and beautiful cars!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We’ve got a few threads throughout the forum, mainly Madness vs. H&R

I am in the H&R camp and love them. Wanted to go lower and make a shooting brake like you, but don’t think I’d be able to tolerate anything ougher than the H&R.
View attachment 17994

Welcome by the way, and beautiful cars!
Wow thanks for these threads really helps!
My personal opinion is that it’s really important to have a good alignment done by a great shop. Some of the people seeing their car dart around after the install could just be an alignment issue. Because lowering the car makes it handle a lot better with a lower cog and added static negative camber. But you really have to dial in the alignment especially the toe afterwards. Both my other Alfas are lowered. 4C is slammed!
When I pick up the Stelvio QV and do the drop on it I’ll post something about it.
Thanks glad you liked it that my two Alfas.
When I bought my Giulia QV it really went well with my 4C has it had so much more room and it was great for GT trips. Also it was really fun to have a very high horsepower car. Went together great.
I think the Stelvio will go along with the pair really good too.
It actually will be my wife’s car. But I’ll be borrowing it quite a bit. Honey I’m going out for some errands and then I head to the race track and bring the car back with bald tires lol!
It’s funny she really wasn’t into cars that much and she drives a big Mercedes ML63 SUV which is good but is not fun to drive like Alfas are. By taking her around to racetracks around the country when I track the Alfas and also driving her around on the street in my Alfas I got her hooked on Alfa!
So for Valentine’s Day she gets a new Stelvio QV. Everybody wins!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I kinda figured you'd be taking the all of the above approach, so I'm curious if after your cc brake experience on the track, will you opt for standard brakes or the big cc's and then swap for massive iron rotors?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kinda figured you'd be taking the all of the above approach, so I'm curious if after your cc brake experience on the track, will you opt for standard brakes or the big cc's and then swap for massive iron rotors?
Yes we know each other:)
This time I’m going with the standard iron rotors. If I actually tracked the car much I will do a Girodisc conversion as they have better iron rotors too. But the nice thing about the OEM iron rotors is you can just change the brake pads and have a pretty good brake set up for light occasional tracking.
Yes the CCB converted to steel is the Mack daddy set up as both the rotors and calipers are bigger front 15.4” vs 14.2” rear 14.2” vs 13.8”. And yes those huge 15.4 inch front rotors in steel or CCB are glorious. But as far as functionality it’s not a huge difference. And you save $8000 off the cars price!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At my local Alfa dealership today saw a 2020 Stelvio Nero edition.
Nice upgrades to the stereo and a few other interior items. FYI the new wireless phone charger only works if the car is running and in drive!?!
Interesting you can have extra gauges available in the console.
Can’t wait until my 2020 Stelvio QV tri coat White Nero edition comes in next week!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
oil pressure is useful, the other two ... kinda like the oh, look g meter.
ok, if you get a tune and they are actually measuring it would be interesting for a few days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oil pressure is useful, the other two ... kinda like the oh, look g meter.
ok, if you get a tune and they are actually measuring it would be interesting for a few days.
Really I thought that the turbo boost gauge and torque gauge were cool.
But probably only rarely used and then not used again as you say.
You could use them to impress a girl in the passenger seat! Show her how much boost and torque you can put out for her?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m close to buying a new spec’d 2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Trofeo White color, Nero Edition.
View attachment 17983 View attachment 17984 View attachment 17985
View attachment 17983 View attachment 17984 View attachment 17985
Where are you buying?

·
Registered
28 Posts
At my local Alfa dealership today saw a 2020 Stelvio Nero edition.
Nice upgrades to the stereo and a few other interior items. FYI the new wireless phone charger only works if the car is running and in drive!?!
Interesting you can have extra gauges available in the console.
Can’t wait until my 2020 Stelvio QV tri coat White Nero edition comes in next week! View attachment 18009 View attachment 18010 View attachment 18011 View attachment 18012 View attachment 18013 View attachment 18014
I thought that looked like the Dave Smith dealership in Cd'A. That's where I bought my 2018 Stelvio QV. Say "hi" to Kyle Gulaz for me!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts