Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing that 2020 QV when it gets in (and before you take possession). I have known that they were expecting it but did not think it would be so soon!

Congratulations! It is one hell of a car!

Bill Bennett

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Picked up my 2020 QV on a snowy day!
I didn’t realize it had summer only tires so I ended up buying some all weather tires and I’m going to put them on my 2017 Guilia QV OEM dark grey 19” wheels. They fit but just barely in the front. The rims are close to the calipers but ok. I have the steel rotor choice brakes.
Went for a nice test drive even though it was wet and snowy and the car rides great.
I wanted to get some weather tech 3-D floor mats but they don’t list them for the 2020 and I called weather tech and they said there is a difference between the 2019 and 2020 QV models?! I am on the list they said they’ll call me when they’re available between 8 to 12 weeks.
Funny my car was only on the dealers lot for just a few hours as it came in late last night.
I am a salesman’s dream. But I do get things at a good price. Also a 3-peat customer The 2015 4C Spider, 2017 Giulia QV and now the 2020 Stelvio QV.
Dave Smith motors in Coeur d’Alene Idaho is a fantastic dealer and my great salesman is Kyle Galaz. I bought the only 2020 QV they have but a 2020 base model and also have several 2019 various base models they’re selling for $5k off.
This car is a valentine’s Day present for my wife to replace her 2015 Merc AMG ML63 that has 67,000 miles on it but a bad number five cylinder that they’re fixing under warranty. I’m through with Mercedes as they are just no fun to drive!
Going to bring my wife out there Friday telling her I just need her to give me a ride out there for my other car and then going to take her onto the show room and The dealership will have it with Valentine’s Day hearts and balloons all over it and I will surprise her! This dealership really takes good care of you and they also gave me a whole bunch of Alfa swag! My wife will have an Quadrifoglio hat, shirt and coat plus I got the same for myself and some other goodies all free with buying the car.
The color choice I picked has this nice white and green thread striping on the seats and also on the floormats. I also have the Nero package on the tri color white and it’s pretty sweet looking in person!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
the white/green interior is great!
the summer tires in snow for your test drive would have been very entertaining if you desired .... not as temp sensitive as the corsas but easy to overpower when it's chilly. I think the 19's with taller rubber are an excellent choice for winter - and cheaper than 20's.
you're either brave or knowledgable picking colors for your wife - I've tried to predict with mine and am always wrong, and I would have been wrong on this too. but we've only been together 30+ years, so not much time to figure her tastes yet haha.
waiting til friday for pickup will be tough with the car there- but at least you aren't waiting til the 14th.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
haha I see that "ended up buying some all weather tires " has been updated on the michelin thread to "ordered a set of Winter Scorpions".
just curious, was that after trying the all seasons, or just a re-think, or .....
I know you go through tires fast, but that was REALLY fast!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
with 2 sets of wheels and being in Idaho - I'm not sure about the all season choice. they'll work but ....
? The stock tires are “summer” only.
And the snow set up tires I got are rated as “performance snow tires”. I don’t think I could’ve gotten anything better for snow than other than studded tires! LOL
I’ll test them out and let you know

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
buying Italian snow tires seems odd but it snows in Italy right?!! LOL
“Snow Scorpions” sounds cool!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing that 2020 QV when it gets in (and before you take possession). I have known that they were expecting it but did not think it would be so soon!

Congratulations! It is one hell of a car!

Bill Bennett
It came in late at night and was gone to me the very next day by noon. But it’s at the dealership until Friday getting prepped for me if you want to look at it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sorry. In your "here it is post" above I guess I misunderstood your "buying some all weathers" as all seasons, and then saw the scorpions ordered.
Yeah, I know what tires come with it - and how they are in cooler weather.
Yes, plenty of snow in the italian alps, and I'm plenty happy with our winter scorpions - which also do very well in chilly and cold rain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Surprised wifey today with the car at the dealership!! The dealership had it all set up with balloons and Valentine’s Day stuff.
She loves it! I explained that Alfa maintenance is something very technical and that only I can do by borrowing the car regularly. Lots of cool new features like this technology gauge layout. Over 400 torque and this car is shaking!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Surprised wifey today with the car at the dealership!! The dealership had it all set up with balloons and Valentine’s Day stuff.
She loves it! I explained that Alfa maintenance is something very technical and that only I can do by borrowing the car regularly. Lots of cool new features like this technology gauge layout. Over 400 torque and this car is shaking!!! View attachment 18126 View attachment 18122 View attachment 18123 View attachment 18124 View attachment 18125

This is such great news! Thank you for allowing us to be part of the surprise!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I spent some time yesterday going over the 2020. Unfortunately as I thought the touchscreen isn't actually bigger - it measures the same size as my 2019 - diagonally. The new graphics are nice. I am loving the body colored trim - makes me want to get one! The new shifter did not seem that much nicer - it was hard to tell is was leather frankly.
But it is a nice MCR but not as impactful as I hoped. I still might swap out however I love to have the newest thing!
John

·
Registered
83 Posts
I spent some time yesterday going over the 2020. Unfortunately as I thought the touchscreen isn't actually bigger - it measures the same size as my 2019 - diagonally. The new graphics are nice. I am loving the body colored trim - makes me want to get one! The new shifter did not seem that much nicer - it was hard to tell is was leather frankly.
But it is a nice MCR but not as impactful as I hoped. I still might swap out however I love to have the newest thing!
John
I had the same thought when I sat in a 2020-something about the new steering wheel and gear shifter felt more “hollow” and cheaper.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts