Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I believe they had to redo the steering wheel to work with the new auto lane keeping assistant. Probably couldn’t have the carbon fiber on the steering wheel as much with that new feature if you opted for the optional carbon fiber steering wheel. All you are getting now is that center section at the bottom filled in with carbon fiber.
I like the old optional carbon fiber steering wheel better too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
some amusement pending your/your wife's impressions

http://instagr.am/p/B8Y7MH5J3Pt/
Ha ha that’s great thanks!
I actually did that by accident already! Had it in race mode and wasn’t even thinking just hit the apex of the freeway on-ramp (lol) and pegged the gas pedal and then it does this crazy slide with all four wheels smoking and sliding! I didn’t even slowly practice it, It was just the first time I got it to slide and then all hell breaks loose!
It’s so different doing it in an all wheel drive and then the rear wheel drive Giulia QV.
Looks like I’ve got to learn to drive crazy all over again!:)

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It’s always tough after you buy the car because you got to spend some more on accessories.
Alfa Care always takes care of me with some of this Mopar stuff since I am a 3-peat Alfa owner.
Lowering the car 2 1/2 inches plus the carbon fiber rear spoiler and carbon fiber front hood grill it’s going to be pretty sweet’

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Guangdong strikes again!
The 2020 new design for that knob better for something like this because the top does not rotate, only the ring on the side!
Really looks nice in person

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had the same thought when I sat in a 2020-something about the new steering wheel and gear shifter felt more “hollow” and cheaper.
Thanks for the affirmation. And I know not everyone feels this way but I hate not having ventilated seats! Especially at this price point and I complained about it here! :) Alfa should have added it for me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the affirmation. And I know not everyone feels this way but I hate not having ventilated seats! Especially at this price point and I complained about it here! :) Alfa should have added it for me!
They do add quite a bit of weight. I don’t live in a super hot climate we have hot weather only two months of the year and I really never use my ventilated seats in my ML 63. Maybe if I had hot weather all the time I would’ve got used to using them but I never really use them. Never really used the seat massager also! But for someone that went on long long trips maybe they would use it. Again all these features add weight when Alfa is about the driving experience that’s why all of their cars are noticeably lighter than the competition

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Finally had a dry fairly warm day. Got to take a few freeway on ramps and such with some speed in race mode. Oh my!!! This car sticks like crazy!! The combination of of the Great weight balance, tight suspension and the sticky tires it is so hard to break loose you have to be just screaming fast.
Look at this Alfa video at the very beginning to see how fast they are going to make the tire lose traction and start sliding!!! When I first saw this video I was shocked how fast the car was going but now I see they had to make it go that fast to slide it.
http://instagr.am/p/B8Y7MH5J3Pt/

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
"How fast they are going"
Yeah - so I didnt say anything when you posted about "4 wheels smoking and sliding".
Snow etc is one thing, but you dont get smoke....
Keep in mind your sticky tires are snow tires.
I wouldn't be surprized if the drifter guy in this clip put less sticky tires on for dramatic effect. maybe he is just willing to run it faster than anyone else; it takes a lot of something to get this to do that, that much more than anyone else has.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
"How fast they are going"
Yeah - so I didnt say anything when you posted about "4 wheels smoking and sliding".
Snow etc is one thing, but you dont get smoke....
Keep in mind your sticky tires are snow tires.
I wouldn't be surprized if the drifter guy in this clip put less sticky tires on for dramatic effect. maybe he is just willing to run it faster than anyone else; it takes a lot of something to get this to do that, that much more than anyone else has.
I’m confused what you’re saying Tires definitely smoke when you do a drift. Yes some more so than others a harder tire will be less traction and spin easier. I really think this guy in the Alfa Romeo Instagram drift video has the stock Pirelli AR tires.
And I haven’t put my snow tires on yet. I get them later this week.
And I certainly won’t be doing any drifting with my snow tires on! That’s why I’m living large now!
The OEM Pirelli AR tires are summer only it says it right on the window sticker. I did test them out in the snow today. The traction was OK not good but the stopping distance on snow it was terrible.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
sorry, thought you did the swap to scorpions right after your initial test drive.
yeah, the standard summer tires spin a lot in cool weather - not as temp sensitive as corsas but you sure know they are outside of their operating range. if you are still running them, well I don't know how they react in ID in Feb, but I expect it's not hooking up much at all. I swapped when it was dipping below 50 regularily, and it was much more easily provoked into .... not really for public roads behavior.

a couple more shots, from the drivers instagram.
http://instagr.am/p/B8ZUCrYHCVV/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Oh....wow....

I assume you forgot to close it?

...had nightmares about that happening...
Ha ha that’s not my car I was just saying I have a sunroof now I better get used to it!!!
And who Actually who leaves their sunroof open in the winter?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Oh....wow....

I assume you forgot to close it?

...had nightmares about that happening...
Ha ha that’s not my car I was just saying I have a sunroof now I better get used to it!!!
And who Actually who leaves their sunroof open in the winter?!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yeah, no one ever accidentally leaves thier sunroof open in the winter.

I certainly have never ran outside at 2am when I woke up, realized it was raining and remembered the sunroof was open....never...not me....for sure...

Looking closer, that is not an Alfa...should'a noticed that.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts