Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Put on my carbon fiber rear spoiler and front hood grill inserts I got from Madness on my new 2020 Stelvio QV.
I’d like them they fit pretty good and add something nice.
I put them on with commercial double stick tape and JB weld plastic bonder...they are not coming off!
Final thing is 2 1/2 inch lowering springs going on next week.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Surprised wifey today with the car at the dealership!! The dealership had it all set up with balloons and Valentine’s Day stuff.
She loves it! I explained that Alfa maintenance is something very technical and that only I can do by borrowing the car regularly. Lots of cool new features like this technology gauge layout. Over 400 torque and this car is shaking!!! View attachment 18126 View attachment 18122 View attachment 18123 View attachment 18124 View attachment 18125
Very classy what you did there, Al. I would also tell her that you have to regularly "calibrate" the suspension and handling to keep tip top performance...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ha ha that’s not my car I was just saying I have a sunroof now I better get used to it!!!
And who Actually who leaves their sunroof open in the winter?!
Probably the same people to go the mall in the summer with a thunderstorm on the way and leave the top down. Oh, damn that is painful to look at. Salvage title on the way; it will defrost to a flooded car. Glad to see it is not an Alfa, but don't want that to happen to any car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ok my 2020 Stelvio is mod complete for now.
I have German lowering springs that dropped the car 2 1/2 inch’s.
carbon fiber rear spoiler.
Carbon fiber hood vent inserts
I got all from Eric at Madness.
Really transformed the car. It’s like a really hot hatch now!
Parked next to a white Giulia and actually doesn’t look a whole lot different.
Also parked next to a white Mercedes GLE SUV. I’ll let you be the judge what looks better. Lol
I’ll take some better pictures later.
First two pictures are before with stock springs and after 2 1/2 inches lower.
It really doesn’t ride bad at all only slightly rougher. I tested it over some bumps and it wasn’t bad. Even the OEM car drives pretty tight but now it really digs in the corners Big improvement!!!
I was also able to get -1.6 camber out of the front and -2 in the rear! Yeahaw!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok my 2020 Stelvio is mod complete for now.
I have German lowering springs that dropped the car 2 1/2 inch’s.
carbon fiber rear spoiler.
Carbon fiber hood vent inserts
I got all from Eric at Madness.
Really transformed the car. It’s like a really hot hatch now!
Parked next to a white Giulia and actually doesn’t look a whole lot different.
Also parked next to a white Mercedes GLE SUV. I’ll let you be the judge what looks better. Lol
I’ll take some better pictures later.
First two pictures are before with stock springs and after 2 1/2 inches lower.
It really doesn’t ride bad at all only slightly rougher. I tested it over some bumps and it wasn’t bad. Even the OEM car drives pretty tight but now it really digs in the corners Big improvement!!!
I was also able to get -1.6 camber out of the front and -2 in the rear! Yeahaw! View attachment 18227 View attachment 18228 View attachment 18229 View attachment 18230 View attachment 18231 View attachment 18232
Super nice, Al. Does look like a (larger) hot hatch. God I hope you don't have to (or won't) put a license plate in the front like that Giulia you are parked next to. A gut punch to front end looks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Super nice, Al. Does look like a (larger) hot hatch. God I hope you don't have to (or won't) put a license plate in the front like that Giulia you are parked next to. A gut punch to front end looks.
Thanks! It’s hard for an SUV to be beautiful but I think Alfa did a great job. And lowering it helps a lot too.
Unfortunately I live in a state that requires a front plate so I will be putting a license plate on but I always make my own custom one using the tow hook threads.
But I can easily unscrew it and put a tow hook island in there while I’m at the track or at some cars and coffee event.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks! It’s hard for an SUV to be beautiful but I think Alfa did a great job. And lowering it helps a lot too.
Unfortunately I live in a state that requires a front plate so I will be putting a license plate on but I always make my own custom one using the tow hook threads.
But I can easily unscrew it and put a tow hook island in there while I’m at the track or at some cars and coffee event.
honestly, it’s not a moving violation in most stages. So no points, thusly no insurance cost impact.

You’ve spent well over a grand on beauty mods... how many $20 tickets would you pay to avoid the ugly plate? That’s my thinking, at least.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What state has a $20.00 fine for no plate? Here in NJ it's $100.00.
honestly, it’s not a moving violation in most stages. So no points, thusly no insurance cost impact.

You’ve spent well over a grand on beauty mods... how many $20 tickets would you pay to avoid the ugly plate? That’s my thinking, at least.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What state has a $20.00 fine for no plate? Here in NJ it's $100.00.
When I was in DC for grad school, I’m fairly certain It was ~$20. Granted that was 5+ years ago. Also, in NJ a decade ago, I believe it was similarly low.

$100 admittedly changesthe calculus.

still, no points. I’ve never Been pulled over for lack of a license plate. But I have been let out of speeding tickets and given the plate fine as a lesser penalty with a warning.... which might be another good reason to skip the plate.

your mileage may vary

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
looks good, Al.
two more important aspects than being able to corner absurdly faster - now your wife won't need running boards to get in, and you won't need them to wash the roof haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
KZquad:
I've had no front plate on my Giulia for a year and a half. So far no problems, but one close call. Stopped for coffee early in the morning, when I came out a local policeman was admiring the car. When he got to the front he just said "plate" and I responded it was in the car. He politely informed me of the fine. Still haven't mounted the plate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
looks good, Al.
two more important aspects than being able to corner absurdly faster - now your wife won't need running boards to get in, and you won't need them to wash the roof haha.
Thanks
Ha ha it’s funny because it’s true !
This thing drives like it’s on rails now!
And the powershift between second and third kicks you in the back of the head.
A photo from today with better lighting

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your pics are making me want to switch my H&R springs with the madness springs. Love that hot hatch look. Really need to get in a Madness-lowered car to see what the ride difference really is.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Uh, yeah. I know that. Had mine for quite a while.
I've taken a lot of crap on the giulia forum for pointing out how amazing it is. Without corsas. In the wet. Exiting corners. Anything that would have a gq smoking tires/getting sideways/asking you to back off ... this just turns it into acceleration.

As I said, strictly a visual thing. I think the back should appear bigger/taller than the front.
Maybe I need to replace the rear flares with half skirts with a lamboish cutaway so I dont see it that way.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts