Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI. . . Ron's Rides posted a YouTube video depicting a leaked Alfa Romeo description of all the updates present in the 2020 Stelvio: upgraded interior including steering wheel, shifter, materials, etc. Touchscreen infotainment and autonomous driving tech (similar to Tesla). No changes to the powertrains or suspension.

·
Registered
220 Posts
These all all welcome enhancements in my book. Where are the ventilated seats and reverse mirror tilt? I guess I cannot have it all!
But I might take one when it comes out. I love how the wheel well trim is body colored on the QV, would love to have that on my Ti. Also interested to see these new colors although a 3rd white option doesn't appeal to me (as both of my Alfa's are white). Plus the bigger screen would be great - especially if its the UConnect.
John

·
Registered
220 Posts
My dealer said these changes won't come until very late in the 2020MY - like 12 months from now.
John

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
There are many FC cars with those options. All that crapola adds weight. Weight is the enemy of this performance pedigree.

·
Registered
305 Posts
There were rumors AR would offer a higher performance version of the 2.0 as an option. We know with a tuner 20% or more HP/torque can be achieved. It would be nice to have an engine in the realm of the AMG GLA 45 2.0 (375hp). I love the larger touchscreen, but can't see myself trading in with the exact same powertrain.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There were rumors AR would offer a higher performance version of the 2.0 as an option. We know with a tuner 20% or more HP/torque can be achieved. It would be nice to have an engine in the realm of the AMG GLA 45 2.0 (375hp). I love the larger touchscreen, but can't see myself trading in with the exact same powertrain.

I think I would along with the other enhancements. The power, for me, is just fine. I enjoy going zoom zoom but still drive it sedately most of the time due to traffic and a desire to avoid tickets.
John

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer said these changes won't come until very late in the 2020MY - like 12 months from now.
John

Makes sense since the Stelvio only came out in 2018. So just like the germans, a refresh every 3 years.

still drive it sedately most of the time due to traffic and a desire to avoid tickets.
John

That's what the Valentine One and Waze App were invented for. :grin

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Pacifica for you.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Parking sensors madness

That may be but I still want what I want for my hard earned dollars! :devil
John
It would be great if FCA/Alfa recognized the parking sensors are ridiculous. Honestly, if the new Alfa's do not have this system revamped, I'm not buying another one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wonder if they will update the reverse camera.
Screen is updated on v72 entertainment. Bigger screen and brighter. You can always change the brightness using MES regardless of version. This helps out a lot on my Giulia since it's on v56.
That may be but I still want what I want for my hard earned dollars!

John
It would be great if FCA/Alfa recognized the parking sensors are ridiculous. Honestly, if the new Alfa's do not have this system revamped, I'm not buying another one.
What you mean? Parking sensors turn off when in park on v72. I've personally found them accurate with about an inch to spare. I wait for the solid tone and then do the quick break pumps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Screen is updated on v72 entertainment. Bigger screen and brighter. You can always change the brightness using MES regardless of version. This helps out a lot on my Giulia since it's on v56.

Bigger screen is good, but I meant will the reverse camera quality be better than it is now. My 2012 X3's backup camera is very large and clear on the iDrive screen. The Stelvio's reverse camera looks like it's 5 years older than my 2012 X3's backup camera. It's like looking at ants on it. They could have made the current camera's image much wider and the car PDC diagram smaller.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GET v72!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts