Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have owned my 2020 Stelvio for almost a year and has 11355 miles on it now. The other day all sorts of lights/warnings came on when I was driving including: park sense now available, service power liftgate, service active blind spot assist, the brake light came on, the miles were flashing and the infotainment screen would turn on and off.

I dropped off the vehicle at the dealer on Tues (now going on day 3) and the communication has been horrible. I have tried calling them multiple times and have been told they still don't know what is wrong with it and they are trying to diagnose it.

Has anyone seen this before? Hoping they find a solution soon so I'm not without my car for too long.

Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tell them to clean the battery terminals and replace the battery. Honestly, the majority of posts in this forum about electrical gremlins are resolved by a new battery. The original Varta battery in these is not very good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell them to clean the battery terminals and replace the battery. Honestly, the majority of posts in this forum about electrical gremlins are resolved by a new battery. The original Varta battery in these is not very good.
Thank you! I def. will when I get a hold of them. They have returned maybe one of my calls in the last 3 days and I have left multiple messages. I appreciate the response.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So true. Seems when all goes wrong at once that is the culprit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they just updated me and said they couldn't find any issues. The battery was fine according to them. They think one of the wires was lose connecting to the BCM and they made sure everything was tight. They also checked the power liftgate for any water leaks and didn't find anything and I'm being told to bring it back it it happens again. I wish I had a definite answer on what caused the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have only had my 2020 Stelvio since May of this year but the same thing happened to me when I disconnected the battery when I was working on the car. After reconnecting everything all the warning lights were on. After a few times of cycling the ignition on and off the lights disappeared.

I would suspect something not connected probably with the battery as the culprit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have only had my 2020 Stelvio since May of this year but the same thing happened to me when I disconnected the battery when I was working on the car. After reconnecting everything all the warning lights were on. After a few times of cycling the ignition on and off the lights disappeared.

I would suspect something not connected probably with the battery as the culprit.
It started happening again pretty much as soon as I picked it up from the dealer. They obviously didn't fix the problem so taking it back again this week. I'll have to tell them to check the battery and the connections but you would think they would have checked that. Just annoying because I have to drive 1hr each time to drop it off and communication from the service has been horrible. They had my car for 4 days and no calls from them on updates. I probably called them 10 times to get an update but only answered the phone once or twice during the 4 days they had my car and no call backs from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it the factory battery?
Yep, original battery. I'm just under 12k miles. I mentioned the battery to service and they told that wouldn't cause this.

They actually just called and are thinking it is the Telematics Gateway Module. They are going to try to replace that and see if the codes go away. They got the issue to replicated and there are 87 codes that popped up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, original battery. I'm just under 12k miles. I mentioned the battery to service and they told that wouldn't cause this.

They actually just called and are thinking it is the Telematics Gateway Module. They are going to try to replace that and see if the codes go away. They got the issue to replicated and there are 87 codes that popped up.
Interesting. If you don't mind please keep updating because this information could help others in the future. Maybe on the 2020 models the battery isn't an issue but I have seen this kind of post regarding 2018s & 19s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. If you don't mind please keep updating because this information could help others in the future. Maybe on the 2020 models the battery isn't an issue but I have seen this kind of post regarding 2018s & 19s.
Will do! The part should be in Monday so hoping to get the car back Tues. Crossing my fingers that this is it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the dealer still has my car. They replaced the module and the warning light have gone away but the radio keeps going blank randomly. I really home they can find the solutions as I have been without my car for almost 2 weeks now. They keep telling me that they are still trying to find what is happening with the sreen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So the dealer still has my car. They replaced the module and the warning light have gone away but the radio keeps going blank randomly. I really home they can find the solutions as I have been without my car for almost 2 weeks now. They keep telling me that they are still trying to find what is happening with the screen.
I actually checked today to see if you had an update...then I got an alert, LOL! If the screen is not back it has to be the module that is under the driver side I would think but what do I know. That or the screen it self. Crazy thing is I keep saying I am going to upgrade to a 2020 but if I am not having issues....currently....I say you better relax and keep what you have. Please keep updating us because I am sure many others will or have had this issue and the info you provide will be helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the screen works but he said it randomly goes blank for a few seconds so they are having a hard time finding out what is going on. I hear you about upgrading to the 2020, I had a 2017 Giulia before this and had 0 issues with it. Will keep updating as I get more info from the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whatever you own....if it's problem-free, smartest thing is always to just keep it.

2020 has as much a chance of defects as a 2018....
Yeah definitely a good idea. I just needed something slightly bigger but didn't want to leave the brand. Love the way these things drive. Hopefully they can figure it out soon.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
252 Posts
Why they don't replace the radio, or the wire harness between the screen and radio?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts