Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

2020 updates make a big difference to some

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Peter A 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Rock on, another positive review!!

One where the writer gives himself credit for any improvments made to the car, but never actually discusses what those improvements are specifically.....underhanded admits he didn't give the car a fair chance in 2018...calls the snake in the Alfa symbol inexplicable (its a representation of a road..that is the explaination, which is well known.) ...makes big deal about interior features that didn't change at all (how the A/C controls work and the cover over the cupholders.)....then openly admits he doesnt know how well the Q4 system performs....and finishes by saying the Quad was Euro only previously...

Nice the review is positive....but wow, ....sad for a world that accepts this is expertise....guy knows less about the car and marque than the 16 year old that lives down the block....

#5 ·
You're right, sorry.

It's a modern refinement from an Italian coat of arms.

For some reason I thought when it was redesigned for the new generation of Alfa's it was moddified to also represent a road in Italy...being locked in the house for a month (other than long drives once a week) is probably messing with my head... have gotten all my projects done at least.

#6 ·
What a load of nonsense if you wanted all the new gadgets why don't you just buy an Audi Q5 or if you can afford it a SQ5.

That article like so many others missed the point. The Alfa is a drivers car its greatness is the actual art of driving.
Apparently that is either a lost or forgotten reason to buy a vehicle.

My 2 Cents
Ian

#8 ·
As I posted on the the Giulia forum,
Pretty light review, but good.
I have a 2018 Stelvio Ti and recently spent a week in a 2020 Stelvio Ti loaner while mine was getting some work done at the dealer.
I liked some of the changes, automatic heated seats and defrost on the cold mornings,
Updated infotainment screen. (I set it up with xm, compass and performance gauges on the screen.
More options for customization of the cluster display,,
Ability to shut of sliding seat back on easy entry,
Knurled metal vs rubber trim on control knob,
The cubby for wireless phone charging is cool, but my phone doesn't do that.

That said, I was so happy to get back in my 18 and take him home with no pangs of jealousy

#9 ·
While the reviewer is not a real enthusiast, positive reviews are good and useful in building brand awareness and buyers. It is a fine line to build a mass-market car that is really an Alfa, but quick steering and a CF driveshaft will not be appreciated by everybody and Alfa needs to sell Stelvios. I had 2004 Mazda 3, when the model was new. We had it for 12 years. My brother, an Alfa guy, bought one. A friend of mine bought one, not a car guy. A former babysitter bought one, she loved the way it drove. A friggen automatic Mazda 3 (I bought it after my 164S with a knocking main bearing burned its wiring harness - I gave it to my mechanic...I was job hunting and needed a fun, inexpensive car). Bought a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and a 2013 cx-9, all because Mazda built cars that drove well (Mazdaspeed3 a hugely flawed car that was incredible to drive and today sells for stupid money). Alfa could use some of that organic market building, so I'll take a positive review and let my friends drive my Stelvio (but not the gtv6'es :) ), one of them is planning to replace their BMW with a Stelvio when it comes off lease. We have a good dealer in Morris County, NJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.