Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this new part would work on 2019 Ti Sport (of course was no body color appearance kit back then)?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
169 Posts
I'm interested in it as well, but I think that somebody already installed it. I don't know about the hands free, though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have one on order. Will install it at the end of month. I have hands free tail gate and almost sure there will be no problem. A lot of people from Stelvio Facebook group already installed it and some of them with handsfree tailgate too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I will report at the end of the month is it really suitable , when I get it. I do not use the hands free tailgate though, because switched the keyless unlock OFF for security reasons. So, even if there is some problem with the sensor I really do not care. The diffuser is priority. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And Alfa parts guy took the time to research the compatibility, and the new sport diffuser will only work with 2020 and 2021 Stelvios. Darn - I really wanted that. What are aftermarket options, if any?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this discussion is regarding the new diffuser for the 2021 Veloce, but I was just on the MoparOnlineParts.com website and noted the following listings for Stelvio 'Diffusers' and 'Skid Plates' where you can see the first two are completely backward or forward compatible 2018 thru 2021, the only difference being color. These are for vehicles without hitches. The third listing is for vehicles with hitches and shows to fit 2018 thru 2020.

Based upon that info, and with these being genuine parts, I can't see any reason the new Veloce Diffuser would not physically fit all the way back to 2018. I wonder if the dealer's research into compatibility might relate more to the color and whether or not there was a corresponding trim level (color) available prior to MY2020.

Authentic Mopar Dark Miron Diffuser - 68418509AA
Vehicle Fitment 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Authentic Mopar Dark Miron Diffuser - 68418509AA | Mopar Online Parts
"The standout design of Stelvio takes on a uniquely urbane look with the Matte Miron Accessory Line. This rear diffuser is a stylish matt grey color and enhances your Stelvio's exterior appearance."
Genuine Alfa Romeo Stelvio Diffuser
Dark Miron / Matte Gray Color
For vehicles without hitch

Authentic Mopar Nero Diffuser - 6ZG32U00AA
Vehicle Fitment 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Authentic Mopar Nero Diffuser - 6ZG32U00AA | Mopar Online Parts
"Mopar Online Parts is proud to bring you a selection of Nero Edition accessories to customize your Stelvio."
Genuine Alfa Romeo Stelvio Diffuser
Black Color
For vehicles without hitch

Authentic Mopar Miron Skid Plate W/ Hitch - 82215876
Vehicle Fitment 2018, 2019, 2020
Authentic Mopar Miron Skid Plate W/ Hitch - 82215876 | Mopar Online Parts
"The standout design of Stelvio takes on a uniquely urbane look with the Matte Miron Accessory Line from the Nero Edizione Package. Its flat, dark finish brings real attitude to your ride."
Genuine Alfa Romeo Skid Plate
For vehicles with hitch

If I have time, I'm going to reach out to them and see if they might add the Veloce Diffuser to their accessory line.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
“Authentic Mopar Dark Miron Diffuser - 68418509AA
Vehicle Fitment 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021”
Pelago, I thought the same thing. If what I have on my 2019 (the dark miron diffuser) fits on a 2021, then what’s on the 2021 Ti Sport (the new sport rear diffuser) should fit on my 2019. However, when the parts manager puts in the VIN of a 2021 Ti Sport and looks at the parts diagram, its sport rear diffuser is showing as only compatible with 2020 and 2021 vehicles. I hope he’s wrong. How can we get a definitive technical answer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take a look at this parts info for a 2021 Ti Sport with the sport rear diffuser. As the dealer parts lead shared with me, the new diffuser part is not even available separately; it’s an assembly with the “main” bumper part (the rear fascia panel with the exhaust holes) that sits above and to the left and right of the lower fascia (the sport diffuser).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a factory "accessory" it seems to be available in Europe, in this case from SquadraSportiva in Germany. They state it is a "Genuine Alfa Romeo spare part" P/N 22319, the same as in post #7 above. It is finished in "dark miron" (black metallic with a fraction of brown, finished with clear varnish).
Diffusor / Skid Plate "Veloce" für Stelvio

I plan to order one as soon as I get the shipping quote back if it's not too unreasonable. I also asked them to confirm the model years it is supposed to fit.

They do clearly state "Not suitable for models with hands free tailgate and / or tow bar" so be aware of that.

I'll post their reply for everyone when I get it.

Finally, when I have time, I'll try to submit this part as a suggestion to MoparPartsOnline to include in their accessory line.🤞

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As a factory "accessory" it seems to be available in Europe, in this case from SquadraSportiva in Germany. They state it is a "Genuine Alfa Romeo spare part" P/N 22319, the same as in post #7 above. It is finished in "dark miron" (black metallic with a fraction of brown, finished with clear varnish).
Diffusor / Skid Plate "Veloce" für Stelvio

I plan to order one as soon as I get the shipping quote back if it's not too unreasonable. I also asked them to confirm the model years it is supposed to fit.

They do clearly state "Not suitable for models with hands free tailgate and / or tow bar" so be aware of that.

I'll post their reply for everyone when I get it.

Finally, when I have time, I'll try to submit this part as a suggestion to MoparPartsOnline to include in their accessory line.🤞

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, mine is 2020, but I really do not see any difference in bumper construction between earlier and newer models???? The only sure is that it will not go with tow bar.

·
Registered
2019 Nero Edizione Stelvio Ti Sport Rosso Competizione
51 Posts
A guy on the Alfa Owners Facebook page posted this picture of his Verde Green 2021 with the new diffuser and now I have to have it. The one on my 2019 Nero is so bland. As usual, this forum comes through with info on whether it is even possible. I also sent a note to Jason at Alfissimo to see if they carry them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts