Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
295 Posts
My Stelvio is the BEST CAR ever - this is even considering the issues.

Here in Australia they are a vehicle that few think about and most miss out on experiencing. I have colleagues with BMWs and Mercs that look at my car with envy and their inner monologue is spoken without thinking - ”I wish I knew that was an option when I bought…”. I have people walk into work and whisper - ‘who owns the Alfa?‘

My issues:
  1. About once a month when I go to put my passenger window up… it goes down regardless of being controlled by the drivers door or passenger
  2. Yup, I’ve had the battery problem.
  3. I’ve had the volume knob stuck down which drains the battery.
  4. The front sensors are too sensitive so I keep them set to activate during parking.
  5. My electric tailgate button gets stuck
  6. My bonnet seized and wouldn’t open.
I‘ve actually loved experiencing them because I feel like I know the car really well.

It’s like a relationship.
For your stuck button use silicon to lubricant the switch. Once I did that I have not had the problem since. Been almost three years

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
295 Posts
Notice the thread starter hasn't returned?
when the OP does not post back almost immediately then in my mind the OP and the post itself is suspect.

76k miles and counting

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport Ti
189 Posts
You don't mention using a tender. 95% of the time its a low battery. We could have told you that before July 2022. So before you go blowing steam, gain some knowledge. Even though I am in repair hell, I don't disrespect the brand...just the idiots in Turin that can't put the right labels on parts.............sounds like your dealer isn't exactly in the know either. state and dealer may help us guide you.
You shouldn't need a tender for any new car. That BS

·
Registered
Montecarlo Blue
6 Posts
Let’s move to another thread. This one is beat to death.
I agree, let's move on. I have owned a 4C spider...awesome car and got me into the Stelvio QV I now own. It's a 2020 and I love it! The 4C never gave me any problems and I maintained it like an F1 car. This Stelvio Quad is the same...keep the battery charged, do the maintenance and everything should be good to go. If you want a Toyota buy it.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
^ she's right!!!

My assumption is the OP planned on returning, to tell more of this tale of woe....

But, after getting rid of the Stelvio for a far superior vehicle (we'll say its a custom restored Lime green Yugo with red racing stripes sitting on 25in wheels) he was on the way home late at night on the dark road and suddenly the car died. When he got out to investigate he discovered the alien saucer hovering just above!!!!

This is when he discovered the alien ship was actually an animal and it ate him.

Yup. Pretty sure thats what happened here, only possible option. But totally open to hearing other's ideas.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That is not the Stelvio Forum way, we need to beat this dead horse until it not longer has any molecular structure left and make many more random assumptions about facts not in evidence.
Damn straight!

Reactions: ALFAOFFROAD

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Often times we make assumption based on logic since there are no evidence of fact. I can almost guarantee that the OP will create another log in to join us, if he/she hasn't already. Right Diane? :ROFLMAO:

41 - 56 of 56 Posts