Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll do this this weekend! thanks! now the size of that dang tube and I suppose you use the fuel line?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would get the new revised Alfa part that has all the correct bends. This is a pressurized coolant return line that goes into aluminum tube on top and T’s into a larger size rubber hose under the coolant tank. A few bends and twists here. Since my plastic piece broke this was all covered under warranty. Not sure if Alfa has a TSB on this but they really need one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To do a DIY on this, just remove the hose clamp on the long hose just before (in front of) the plastic piece. Then remove hose clamp and the short hose that is attached to the aluminum tube coming off the turbo.Then just reattach the long hose to the aluminum tube. There is plenty of length in the original long hose. This is a zero cost solution. Hose clamps are removable with a very small screw driver if you do not have the proper Clic-R type clamp removal tool.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Realize, this change may have been done, not because there are problems....

But because continued analysis by the people who compute projected warrenty expenditures who are proactively trying to save the company money....realizing this is a possible weak spot. And it's an easy to do both improve the vehicle and justify thier continued employment.

Not that replacing it is a bad idea. Just....given the number of reported problems it isn't a super common failure. Now...as the car hits 100k....then it would be super smart to take care of proactively. Below that...I would make a note and do it when convenient. What I plan on doing myself actually.

That DIY is a good idea and would probably work. Same time......it could very possibly void the warranty on the engine too. If you are out of warranty though....

Still..be 100% sure you damaged nothing and got that clamp reattached right...didn't bend it at all. Personally I never reuse hose clamps, everyone I work with thinks it's overkill.forever...to me, it's a cheap way to be sure it's done right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, they ordered a new fuel pressure sensor, they’re going to try that first before replacing the pump. ETA of 4 days on the part arrival, so hopefully back in a week.

One other oddity to report, the radar cover fell off at some point over the course of 0-1,000 miles. Had that replaced quickly as the radar components behind it are about $4K USD. Parked it immediately while waiting on the part—ordered one from Centerline overnight and my dealer’s came in first. Keeping the other as a spare.

So, in the first month of ownership, it’s been in the shop or parked for more time than the entirety of the almost 3 years on the MY19.

I suppose if you buy 4 vehicles from the same automaker over the course of time, the chances of you hitting a snag with one are greater.

I went through this with Acura too, owned 6-7 TLs/TLXs/MDXs and the last one, the SH-AWD A-Spec sedan (first year, 2019) was in the shop for a total of two months over 10 before I got rid of it. Owned 2 2006 TLs and one was great, the other had a lot of issues.
Update on the 2022 Stelvio Veloce--took it back home today, gone maybe a total of 4-5 days (just waiting on the part)--replaced the fuel vapor sensor and another sensor was loose, fastened it down. They drove it twice, 50 mile trips--no CEL's/ASS errors. Ride home today, nothing. Finger's are crossed this was just a blip :)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts