Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got their hands on the 2022 model year ordering guide. Supposedly it is 30 pages long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you're looking at a quadrifoglio I hope you like black on black on black interior cause that's all you get. I don't see options for red or white accent trim anymore. The quad sport seat also no longer has alcantara inserts and is just a plain black leather. It also looks as if red stitching is no longer an option, which is just insane considering almost every quad out there has red stitching.

I don't know what Alfa was thinking, but people paying $85K+ for a vehicle are going to want a level of customization. I can see limiting options for the lower trims, but not on the QV. I guess they don't care.

The lame looking all black leather sport seats coupled with no option for white trim is probably going to keep me from looking any further at ordering a 2022. I really liked the montreal green, but that all black interior and seats I can't get over. This is how you drive away a customer Alfa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? Those are ALL the options for QVs in 2022? ONE interior choice in the standard seating? No light wheels for those that like a classic look? No seatbelt color options nor Akrapovic exhaust? Where are the carbon fiber options?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Shocks me is the reasoning. Says it is because they eliminated the slow selling options...

So..the black interior was the best selling of the Quad interiors but the red and chocolate sold enough to keep in the 4 cyl?

Of course part of me can't help but wonder if alot of these changes aren't due to supply chain disruption and Stellantis not being able to acquire enough of certain materials.

..leather for instance, India is the world's fourth largest supplier of leather goods....the situation there has massively impacted the textile markets. Truth is automakers are having problems with more than just chip supply currently, there are shortages in most industries.

...I'm just upset Lunar White is gone...I've really been thinking about getting a 2022 just to have Lunar White and a Chocolate interior with paddle shifters, but now chocolate isn't available in a Sport model and Lunar White is gone..... oh well.

(Side note...Alcantara is a poor material for seats, doesn't wear well, hard to care for. Don't know why anyone would miss that, it does look and feel nice while new I guess)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent an hour looking at it last night and was shocked at all the restrictions. What happened to the great looking 20" double spoke sport wheels. Exterior and interior color selections have been slashed as well as the yellow and black brake calipers. Red is the only choice available now. I also wish you could get the H/K Sound System without the leather dash. I'm glad I ordered my 2019 Stelvio Ti exactly the way I wanted it. There are way more standard features but not all of it makes sense.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ordered my MY22 a month ago, still waiting on a VIN but hoping it will arrive in September.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Lusso Verde Visconti
40 Posts
It helps to keep in mind that one of the best ways to improve quality and eliminate errors during assembly is to minimize the number of possible ways the vehicle can be assembled. I also agree that ALFAOFFROAD may be correct that some of these changes might be due to supplier issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
(Side note...Alcantara is a poor material for seats, doesn't wear well, hard to care for. Don't know why anyone would miss that, it does look and feel nice while new I guess)
I have alcantara seats in my STi and they look as good as new after 70K miles. Care is not any harder than leather. They look and feel much better than an all leather seat.

Whatever the reason, the interior of the QV is not as nice without the alcantara. There's no mention of the back seats, but presumably they are just all leather as well.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Sorta. Spray the wrong stuff on and they fall apart, choosing the correct cleaning regimen is more important than leather.

Doesn't matter though, glad you're happy with what you have, sorry you aren't with the Quad interior. If the benefits of how the Quad drives aren't enough to overcome that, probably happier in another vehicle. Modern Alfas are more like classic Porsches than modern Porsches are, in many ways. Nobody bought a 911 in 1970 because of how customisable or luxurious the interior was....that's how Alfas are now for better or worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts