·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just picked up a 2022 Stelvio QV.
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire

More pictures to come soon.

I’m new here, but I’m very familiar with the QV already as I drove a 2018 Giulia QV for 2 years. I’ve been fairly active on the Giulia forums.

some observations so far…

The Stelvio doesn’t have SBLs or static bending light that illuminate as you turn like the Giulia does.

the new infotainment and center area redesign is much better than the 2018 style. Though I’ll still be relying primarily on CarPlay. The addition of a touch screen is convenient. I also love having the knob for when I can’t steady my hand enough to use the screen. Also, there still doesn’t appear to be a way to reset the service warning in the new style infotainment. And I would have loved to see wireless CarPlay, but I suppose there are ways around that. A nice improvement over the old style but it still feels a bit old for a 90k car. Especially when compared to the Wife’s SQ7.

She drives like a fricken dream though. The torque vectoring feels much more present in the Stelvio so far. But maybe that can be explained by the AWD. Not sure. It’s amazing how similar the Stelvio and the Giulia feel. I thought it would feel like a downgrade, but it really doesn’t. Same character, same sounds. Yet, a bit more practical. Fantastic.

Anyway… I’m happy to be here and look forward to contributing.

Cheers,
Jordan

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce
43 Posts
Great color. Will be interesting to hear your takes on Giulia vs Stelvio here. Just got a 2.0 Veloce and it has some of the best steering I've ever experienced and the car has a ton of character. Cannot imagine what the Quad must be like

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
343 Posts
to confirm this is the feature that lights LEDs at low speed when you turn. Not the swiveling headlights that move at speed.
I was able to actually find this Stellantis link MY22 Feature Availability … says you should have the Adaptive Bi-Xenon’s standard and it’s a problem if you don’t!

It looks like Alfa Romeo removed the buyers brochure from their NA webpage and it’s concerning because that’s what I had to use to leverage my dealer to purchase the “Dark Clear” taillights and install them upon delivery when I ordered my ‘21 QV. The brochure said that the Carbon Package for the QV model came with those taillights and I wasn’t paying for em twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple more pictures…

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood

I’m more in love with the Masano blue today than I was last week when I bought it. It’s really a striking color.

21” wheels

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

My SQV was optioned with the $1500 21” wheels. Initially I preferred the 20” inches wheels, but they weren’t available at the dealer. These are growing on me though. I’ve made 2 stops at the gas station so far and 2 different people have commented on the wheels. Another 2 have commented on the color. She’s an attention grabber for sure.

Speaking of attention grabbing… I’ve ordered and installed my Redline 360 with a blendmount radar mount with mirriortap . It was a necessity for me due to the 12 plug position. It’s a clean look. Beats the suction cup mount

Mirror Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Automotive mirror Car

additionally I ordered and installed an Ottocast wireless CarPlay adapter. It’s worked surprisingly well so far.

Hood Personal luxury car Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Finally, I unplugged the lift gate speaker. That thing was awful.

lots of fun so far!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you guys disconnected that speaker? I hate the loud beep!
its in the small panel on the right side of the trunk. Pop off the cover and the speaker is secured in place with one nut. It’s got one connector going to it. I’d recommend removing the nut to give your self space to pry the connector away from the speaker. I had to pry it off with a screw driver. Once I had the connector dislodged I simply secured the speaker back in place in case I need to reconnect it. now… that’s a problem solved.

….my next beep related issue is the lock/unlock beep. It’s a loud double beep whenever I lock the car and a loud single beep when I unlock it. It’s loud, obnoxious and cheap sounding and I seriously can’t fathom why Alfa would include something like this on a 90k~ car. Seriously a 17k Toyota is less obnoxious when locking and unlocking. I’ve poured through the menus looking for a setting to disable this beep but nothing works. There is a setting for “beep on second press” when locking the doors. I guess they don’t take into account the beep that your forced into whenever you press the lock or unlock button.

Previously had a 2018 Giulia QV and this wasn’t an issue at all. It’s technically a different car. But they’re both so similar. I wonder why they’ve made this change and more specifically why I can’t configure it in the menus. Being forced to endure these cheap ass sounds is crazy. if anyone has any insight on this I’d love to hear it.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
61 Posts
Thanks @Yaibal for the instructions! I'll work on this on the weekend.

I agree that the alarm on/off buzzer is annoying, I also wish it was configurable like in other cars where I've turn it off.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio QV
33 Posts
I was able to actually find this Stellantis link MY22 Feature Availability … says you should have the Adaptive Bi-Xenon’s standard and it’s a problem if you don’t!

It looks like Alfa Romeo removed the buyers brochure from their NA webpage and it’s concerning because that’s what I had to use to leverage my dealer to purchase the “Dark Clear” taillights and install them upon delivery when I ordered my ‘21 QV. The brochure said that the Carbon Package for the QV model came with those taillights and I wasn’t paying for em twice.
I didn’t know that! I got the carbon package and they told me the taillights were over $1000 and I had to pay that and the labor after delivery.

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
343 Posts
I didn’t know that! I got the carbon package and they told me the taillights were over $1000 and I had to pay that and the labor after delivery.
I was explicit about that when I placed my order with the SM at the dealership. I told them that if the car was delivered without them that I wanted them at no cost to me because I wouldn’t have optioned that package to begin with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A couple more pictures…

View attachment 24061
View attachment 24060

I’m more in love with the Masano blue today than I was last week when I bought it. It’s really a striking color.

21” wheels

View attachment 24062

My SQV was optioned with the $1500 21” wheels. Initially I preferred the 20” inches wheels, but they weren’t available at the dealer. These are growing on me though. I’ve made 2 stops at the gas station so far and 2 different people have commented on the wheels. Another 2 have commented on the color. She’s an attention grabber for sure.

Speaking of attention grabbing… I’ve ordered and installed my Redline 360 with a blendmount radar mount with mirriortap . It was a necessity for me due to the 12 plug position. It’s a clean look. Beats the suction cup mount

View attachment 24063

additionally I ordered and installed an Ottocast wireless CarPlay adapter. It’s worked surprisingly well so far.

View attachment 24065

Finally, I unplugged the lift gate speaker. That thing was awful.

lots of fun so far!
Did you replace the speaker?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts