Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do we think of no red color in the dash, doors or console, only black? Red is only on the seats. BTW: no red stitching in steering wheel or shift knob. I this cost saving for AR? Is this an advancement? So, I am torn between 2021 and 2022. That is, 2021 has more red mixed with black in 2021 and before.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What do we think of no red color in the dash, doors or console, only black? Red is only on the seats. BTW: no red stitching in steering wheel or shift knob. I this cost saving for AR? Is this an advancement? So, I am torn between 2021 and 2022. That is, 2021 has more red mixed with black in 2021 and before.
IS this cost saving for AR?

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
271 Posts
I have the red interior with the extra leather package on my 21. I really like he red stitching on the steering wheel, dash, shifter, and doors. Also the red on the doors contrasts the doors black and leather.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a significant decrease in cost yet gives the same quality since all the interior components appear to still be stitched leather, I know folks lament losing it, but I have to give them props for cutting cost without cutting quality.

I have to admit when I picked out my red '22 Veloce and saw only the seats were red I was a little disappointed that I didn't at least have the red stitching, but in general I get why they did it, and understand from an economy of scale point it was a good call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a significant decrease in cost yet gives the same quality since all the interior components appear to still be stitched leather, I know folks lament losing it, but I have to give them props for cutting cost without cutting quality.

I have to admit when I picked out my red '22 Veloce and saw only the seats were red I was a little disappointed that I didn't at least have the red stitching, but in general I get why they did it, and understand from an economy of scale point it was a good call.
Yes, you are probably right and I'll get over it and get a 2022

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
271 Posts
Get what you want around the options and price. 2021 should be less expensive and have the more contrast interior. If you like the stitching for contrast and the more red on the doors/interior look for a 21. We are still in 21, so the car potentially may only be built couple months ago. All comes down to color, options, price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Get what you want around the options and price. 2021 should be less expensive and have the more contrast interior. If you like the stitching for contrast and the more red on the doors/interior look for a 21. We are still in 21, so the car potentially may only be built couple months ago. All comes down to color, options, price.
The '21s stopped production a while ago, (June'ish if I remember right) I searched high and low for the colors and options I wanted nationally and there were very few that had what I wanted and none in the eastern half of the country, the 22s have been in production since July.

So while there is a glut of 21s out there, they have been pretty well picked over with the more desirable combinations long gone as far as I could see when I was shopping in August.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
271 Posts
What color combo and options are you looking for. Sounds like what I had in January as I was particular on options. And only wanted 2 color combos and one car got transferred away before I could buy it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What color combo and options are you looking for. Sounds like what I had in January as I was particular on options. And only wanted 2 color combos and one car got transferred away before I could buy it.
Core options were red exterior and Premium package for the HK audio, red interior would have been a big plus, as would the Active Driver Assist package. Rosso Red with Premium package was the base for my search and I came up with almost nothing, in fact I gave up looking and made a last ditch offer for a Rosso Red 2022 that had the Veloce package, Active Assist, and Premium and got a good enough price to buy.

Trust me, finding '21 Rosso Red Stelvios with the Premium package is a lot harder than I thought it would have been, the HK audio was a huge selling point for me since I test drove with and without and the base audio was nowhere near acceptable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Red thread costs more than black thread? PLEASE don't start with the time/cost of changing the thread... What color thread did they sew the red pieces together with... Just keep sewing the black pieces together then...

I guess I missed something in translation

·
Registered
78 Posts
Red thread costs more than black thread? PLEASE don't start with the time/cost of changing the thread... What color thread did they sew the red pieces together with... Just keep sewing the black pieces together then...

I guess I missed something in translation
Totally, the economy of scale comes from stocking fewer unique variations of parts, it costs significantly less to do a factory run of 10,000 of an item in one color than 10 runs of 1,000 in the 10 different colors.

By the same token the handling of 10 different part numbers in the system vs 1 also is significant, as is spare parts years down the road, cutting variations is a truly huge cost saving opportunity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the red interior with the extra leather package on my 21. I really like he red stitching on the steering wheel, dash, shifter, and doors. Also the red on the doors contrasts the doors black and leather.
100% agree. I have a 2021 with red. The red across the lower dash and center console, plus the pretty thick red stitching on dash (including a neat stitched accent on top of the dash) and doors, shift knob/steering wheel is amazing and all together looks incredibly high end. I saw the 2022 pics on the web site and was so glad i did not wait (i bought the car in July)

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
100% agree. I have a 2021 with red. The red across the lower dash and center console, plus the pretty thick red stitching on dash (including a neat stitched accent on top of the dash) and doors, shift knob/steering wheel is amazing and all together looks incredibly high end. I saw the 2022 pics on the web site and was so glad i did not wait (i bought the car in July)
I wish I had that package. But when I got my 2020 Ti at Xmas 2020 ,It was 1 of 2 red with red interior listed for sale in the US

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Veloce, color Ocra (gold). I wanted the red seats but it does not come with red seats even though the configurator shows that you can get it with red seats. Oh well the black and Gold will be a good contrast. It should be arriving sometime in the next 2 weeks, I'm anxious to see it.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Veloce, color Ocra (gold). I wanted the red seats but it does not come with red seats even though the configurator shows that you can get it with red seats. Oh well the black and Gold will be a good contrast. It should be arriving sometime in the next 2 weeks, I'm anxious to see it.
Black will probably look better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts