Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

think of purchasing a 2023 Estrema Vulcano Black /w active assist. A few questions;

Anyone have an idea on dealer invoice cost on these? Anyone know of deals below msrp or even below invoice? (Depending when their quarter bonus hits) any idea on holdback as well?

is the active assist really worth it - I’ve seen a few builds with the option and without the option available in my area.

I noticed the trim comes with active dampeners - is this the same setup on the Quadrifogilo or a different system

thanks

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
471 Posts
Hi,

think of purchasing a 2023 Estrema Vulcano Black /w active assist. A few questions;

Anyone have an idea on dealer invoice cost on these? Anyone know of deals below msrp or even below invoice? (Depending when their quarter bonus hits) any idea on holdback as well?

is the active assist really worth it - I’ve seen a few builds with the option and without the option available in my area.

I noticed the trim comes with active dampeners - is this the same setup on the Quadrifogilo or a different system

thanks
There are a couple threads about this on the site.

Invoice is roughly .946 of MSRP. Invoice of options is about .93 of MSRP. Holdback is approx. 3% of invoice.
As for factory volume bonuses, they aren't really a thing anymore with supply chain shortages according to one of my former colleagues at FCA.

As for what you can negotiate, it's very dependent on the market you're in and the dealer's current days supply. There's no consistent pattern on this. However, I'm thinking it would be very difficult to get much if any discounting on any 2023 Stelvio this early in the model year when there are 2022 models on the ground.

I really like Active Assist Plus on my Veloce. It's mostly a cool party trick but does provide some added value on long interstate road trips.

Good luck.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I really like the active dampers. It's the same tech as on the Quad, but the Quad gets an even stiffer setting in race mode - and all settings are probably a little stiffer in general on the Quad. I wish the active dampers were still a standalone option like they used to be - I don't need all the carbon fiber and 21" wheels, I just want the dampers.

Go test out the assist features if you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sadly, Alfas just don’t sell that well. Strongsville is advertising 5k right off the top also.

Seems like what little Alfa marketing is done is done by area dealers.

I’m thinking the 22s were slow to arrive in the US but the 23s were right on time.

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
281 Posts
I live in the area and have purchased from the dealership chain before and I had a good experience (It was a while ago so ...). The Hampton Roads area is more of a middle class area so I do think we have the same competition for vehicles on the high end. I know that I do not pay near what other owners are paying for oil changes. It is not like they have alot of vehicles so not sure how many options you are going to have. I think they only have 4 2022 Alfas in stock.

Reactions: Matt2172

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
268 Posts
What? Why? Dealers shouldn't even be able to keep a car on the lot right now. Why are they blowing them out like that?
I’m in the Norfolk area as well and dont see Stelvio/giulia on the street here…one sighting a week maybe…Everyone in the compact suv market here wants a binmer/Benz/Audi IF they can afford one otherwise it’s Mazda or Honda.

AR presence at the dealer and dealer reputation/competence prolly matter too. When Norfolk answers the phone they transfer me to the step-child “Alfa dept”. the few alfas they do have are lost in a sea of plebeian dodge products and none of their Alfas sit anywhere near the street curb. Based on what they had in April when I last looked and what they have now they don’t move alfas very well. To some degree I bet this pattern holds nationwide. I bet there’s less discounting at Alfa/Maserati boutiques in the tony beltway neighborhoods of northern VA.

And then the cars alfa delivers to Norfolk have the non-leather dash and middling base audio, they come in a dizzying 4 (!) different exterior and 2 (!!) Different interior colors and that’s just not comparable with the bmw/Audi selection u can get down the street if your a discriminating buyer in the lux suv demographic.

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
281 Posts
Well at least the Norfolk dealership has cars. The Newport News location has no Alfa's on the lot.

Reactions: Matt2172

·
Registered
361 Posts
I really like the active dampers. It's the same tech as on the Quad, but the Quad gets an even stiffer setting in race mode - and all settings are probably a little stiffer in general on the Quad. I wish the active dampers were still a standalone option like they used to be - I don't need all the carbon fiber and 21" wheels, I just want the dampers.

Go test out the assist features if you can.
Yes, the same active suspension and stiffer iin Race than the hard on D on non Quad vehicles.Softening the dampers in Race will get about the same as in D, without softening on non Quad. I don't think though, the soft settings on Quad is stiffer than the same on non Quad . I had the opportunity to compare the active suspension on Quad and non Quad cars and the soft settings/A,N,D - soft/ on both, felt the same. If there is some difference it is so minimal , I can't feel it honestly.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
319 Posts
Yes, the same active suspension and stiffer iin Race than the hard on D on non Quad vehicles.Softening the dampers in Race will get about the same as in D, without softening on non Quad. I don't think though, the soft settings on Quad is stiffer than the same on non Quad . I had the opportunity to compare the active suspension on Quad and non Quad cars and the soft settings/A,N,D - soft/ on both, felt the same. If there is some difference it is so minimal , I can't feel it honestly.
I wonder if the sport tuned suspension on the Ti Sport just add the QV dampers in front.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The market for Alfas is very interesting and sales are mostly in urban areas. For example in NY two of the dealers have over 100 Stelvios on the lot. Some dealers especially in rural and small areas might only have 3 or 5 Stelvios and it take 6 months for them to sell all of them. My dealer said they don't think Alfa will make lots of Estremas, but more units than they made of Ti Sport Carbons, which were very rare.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
970 Posts
The market for Alfas is very interesting and sales are mostly in urban areas. For example in NY two of the dealers have over 100 Stelvios on the lot. Some dealers especially in rural and small areas might only have 3 or 5 Stelvios and it take 6 months for them to sell all of them. My dealer said they don't think Alfa will make lots of Estremas, but more units than they made of Ti Sport Carbons, which were very rare.
The Estrema is interesting to me. I really like what's included in the package and bet it's a phenomenal driver. If my C40 doesn't work out, I could see myself flipping it for an Estrema. So far the EV thing has been a blast, though. I think from 5-40mph or so, it actually slaps harder than my C6 Z06 did. Nothing else in the $60K and under market is really interesting that I haven't already owned already. Base Macan is of zero interest, and BMW and Audi and MB, I priced out a few, and it's absolutely STUPID. The X4 M40i literally doesn't even come with adaptive cruise control!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi,

thanks
I guess now you can have a deal on a 2022 but not on a 2023. You can have a better deal on a 2022 in January.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts