Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Looks very nice. What's the unsprung weight difference on each corner!! Single most importasnt number in my mind. If its rides better ...lighter ??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Good question. Not exactly sure. I believe +1.5lb or so rear wheel, less front per NTM wheels Italy. I should have weighed them but no scale at home. They actually felt a bit lighter in hand than OEM's.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Lost. I was actually surprised at the weight of those Quad wheels. pretty impressive. Haven't found numbers. Would figure Quad 20 fronts as light and most likely lighter than standard 20's. Rears have to be a couple pounds heavier I would think.
Ahh found some numbers
OE Quad 20x10 rear wheel is 25lbs
OE Quad fronts 20x9 fronts ??

I think these are his/her 21's

Not having much luck looking for weights on Alfa wheels. Would be good Uber info for that section the forum needs

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Mine are 10.5" rear. 9.5" front. 11's although listed are not available from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Add wider tires and ....
But the point is I doubt these minor differences in weight are significant on a "heavy " vehicle, especially when the benefits of more rubber are considered.
Call me Al's experience would verify this, where he replaced light cc brakes with iron on his giulia, and then put the big iron on his stelvio - along with really big wheel tire combinations.
Certainly on a sub 300 pound racing motorcycle it's a big deal in many respects, but on a 3000 + pound suv ....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’ve opened this thread almost daily, seriously considering this mod. @NM-QV are the offsets custom? And why did you go w the Michelin Pilot Sports non-SUV over the SUV version?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Offset is stock in front, +2 in rear. The weight rating of the non SUV Michelin's are the same as the OEM Pirelli's.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Same offset taking the wider wheel width into account? So the wheels go half inch deeper into the wheel well?
No 1/4” deeper inside and outside on the front as the offset is the same as the 9” wide OEM wheels.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts