Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm afraid you are correct. I notice a difference in mpg and acceleration.

but, my tires weighed 31 a piece, and the stock Contis weighed 28.

But 265/45/20 looks so proper on this car, I'm not going back.

Btw, the madness ecu tune more than makes up for the power. Going to get the GFB DV+ valve next to hold boost in the high revs.

also, this car can really use the summer rubber, it handles even better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
265s are only slightly taller and wider than 255s but look and ride better imo. No clearance issues, 275s might even fit.. For daily driving it was the right move for me, but if your racing im sure there are performance losses but Its an SUV!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If there is no problem with clearance on front full lock and on the rear fully loaded ...then 265/45 is the way to go. For sure consumption will suffer a little but comfort will made up for it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
@Tony,

Can you post some pictures with the 265. Thank you

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought 275/40/20 and will be mounting them some time this summer. They are OEM size on Challengers and Chargers, so I think there is a plentiful selection out there. I bought the Pirelli Zero Nero A/S’s. Looking forward to trying them out!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The tire choice will have a MUCH greater effect on the ride quality than the size you choose. Anytime you want to compare a stock 235/55R19 setup (Contis) to the Quad 255f 275r R20's, let me know. Totally different animals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The thread is several months old, to whom are you replying?

255/45/20 = 716 revs per mile
265/45/20 = 707 rpm

If these are the sizes you mean, then the difference will be a bit over 1%.

Thanks for the reply. So, going from a 235/55R/19 to a 265/R45/20, should be very negligible, and not much difference, if any, on my speedometer? Bob B.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I went with 265/45/20 and they look slightly taller and wider and fill the wheel well a bit better. 275 might have been even better but wasn't willing to take the chance on having issues. Im happy with my choice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with 265/45/20 and they look slightly taller and wider and fill the wheel well a bit better. 275 might have been even better but wasn't willing to take the chance on having issues. Im happy with my choice.

But do you know if your speedometer is accurate? Just curious if it would change for me to go with the same tires. Yours look awesome! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 275/40/20 and will be mounting them some time this summer. They are OEM size on Challengers and Chargers, so I think there is a plentiful selection out there. I bought the Pirelli Zero Nero A/S’s. Looking forward to trying them out!
Hi Scott. Did you try fitting the 275/40r20 tyres?? Just curious if their was enough room up front?

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
41 Posts
Hello Scott, I'm new to the forum. I was searching around for largest possible front tires for Stelvio Ti Sport. Were you able to get the 275/40 20s to work on your car? This tire's OD is slightly smaller (- 0.3") but nothing crazy and I prefer the wider stance (+ 0.8"). I'd love a slightly larger OD of 275/45 20 (+ 0.7") but I think this is probably a stretch. My Porsche Cayenne S had a lot of leeway, the Stelvio's tire cabin appears much tighter - especially at full turn. Let me know ... thanks. Looking forward. Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried or thought about going just a touch taller and wider? Seems like enough room to gain almost an inch in height and width without spacers or new wheels. Could do all four corners or just rear for a staggered look. Not 285 Quads but, an easy compromise to gain a little better ride and look. Thoughts??
Doesn’t work the front tire rubs on the inside of control arm. I had to use a spacer to make it fit only issue the car now has a slight wobble at high speeds don’t go 275 stick to 255 or 265 all around

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
41 Posts
Doesn’t work the front tire rubs on the inside of control arm. I had to use a spacer to make it fit only issue the car now has a slight wobble at high speeds don’t go 275 stick to 255 or 265 all around
Yep, I learned the same thing from a premium Vossen Wheel dealer. He's placed tires on the Stelvio and told me 265 is the max.

I've ordered some 22" Vossen HF-2 Wheels and they should be arriving soon. Vossen had to make them from scratch due to the odd bolt pattern of 5x110 on the Stelvio.

These are the wheels.

Thanks for that update btw.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Oversized fronts just muddy the turn in they worked so hard to create. Then again, 22s with no sidewall will not lose the response, just ride like hockey pucks. Difference from 19's to 20' in Quad wheels with PZeros is already significant.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just put a new set of stock sized 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons on my Ti. The Continentals had to go as I had a sidewall bubble at about 18k miles. Going back to my C43 AMG Mercedes, I've had 5 failed Continental tires, never again. I've only had city driving so far on the Pilot Sports so far, but hoping to take a few spirited drives soon and will report back. I'm liking the way they look. Decided against going wider, just didn't think the juice was worth it.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
42 Posts
I am at about 4/32s of tread left on the OEM Continentals so I will be replacing those fairly soon. I have the Ti Sport which can be a bit rough on less than perfect roads so I plan on going with 265/45/20s for a little extra cushion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can share as someone with 22" wheels that they drive really well. Dampen well and overall perform similar to the 20" wheels. EXCEPT you know how with the 20" wheels, when you cut the hard in a turn, they feel weird because they are wide. Well this sensation feels even weirder because of the size. Also, as a car guy I feel the weight of the 22" a bit more when breaking and in limited situations. Not enough to deture me but I notice it. I think Alfa got it right with 21" which is what I wanted. 21 Inch wheels would be a perfect balance of side wall and look. Just my 2cents.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts