Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm afraid you are correct. I notice a difference in mpg and acceleration.

but, my tires weighed 31 a piece, and the stock Contis weighed 28.

But 265/45/20 looks so proper on this car, I'm not going back.

Btw, the madness ecu tune more than makes up for the power. Going to get the GFB DV+ valve next to hold boost in the high revs.

also, this car can really use the summer rubber, it handles even better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
265s are only slightly taller and wider than 255s but look and ride better imo. No clearance issues, 275s might even fit.. For daily driving it was the right move for me, but if your racing im sure there are performance losses but Its an SUV!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
If there is no problem with clearance on front full lock and on the rear fully loaded ...then 265/45 is the way to go. For sure consumption will suffer a little but comfort will made up for it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
@Tony,

Can you post some pictures with the 265. Thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought 275/40/20 and will be mounting them some time this summer. They are OEM size on Challengers and Chargers, so I think there is a plentiful selection out there. I bought the Pirelli Zero Nero A/S’s. Looking forward to trying them out!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The tire chopice will have a MUCH greater effect on the ride quality than the size you choose. Anytime you want to compare a stock 235/55R19 setup (Contis) to the Quad 255f 275r R20's, let me know. Totally different animals.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts