Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the dealership today chatting with my sales rep and he asked me if I had heard about the ~320 hp aftermarket tune out there for the Stelvio/Gulia? I admitted I hadn't, but for liability he wouldn't say more than it existed (and might violate the warranty).

Registered
Like to find out more.....if the program can be backed out easily like my GMC, you could restore factory settings if there was ever an issue.

Registered
It would be interesting to read more about it. I believe manufactures put a lot of effort in getting the most out of an engine and still keep reliability. That being said, I would think they keep it in the mid range for the masses. That would leave some room for improvement and keep reasonable reliability, maybe, lol.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine already runs 22psi of boost with what looks like a factory installed turbo blanket (
).

Sure there are guys who have pushed custom built 2.0L 4 cyl engines over 1k HP, but I agree there is a limit to what they can do reliably and at 280HP and 306 lbft, I'm guessing we're not terribly far from that point, though a little more boost and aggressive timing and fuel mixture, I can easily believe 300-320 HP is achievable, on the other hand if it reaches 100k miles like that is an entirely other question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts