Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the dealership today chatting with my sales rep and he asked me if I had heard about the ~320 hp aftermarket tune out there for the Stelvio/Gulia? I admitted I hadn't, but for liability he wouldn't say more than it existed (and might violate the warranty).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Like to find out more.....if the program can be backed out easily like my GMC, you could restore factory settings if there was ever an issue.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It would be interesting to read more about it. I believe manufactures put a lot of effort in getting the most out of an engine and still keep reliability. That being said, I would think they keep it in the mid range for the masses. That would leave some room for improvement and keep reasonable reliability, maybe, lol.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine already runs 22psi of boost with what looks like a factory installed turbo blanket (
).

Sure there are guys who have pushed custom built 2.0L 4 cyl engines over 1k HP, but I agree there is a limit to what they can do reliably and at 280HP and 306 lbft, I'm guessing we're not terribly far from that point, though a little more boost and aggressive timing and fuel mixture, I can easily believe 300-320 HP is achievable, on the other hand if it reaches 100k miles like that is an entirely other question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts