Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long time since I last visited the forum - been quite busy. Just got back home from my 40 K service (at 39,798 mi.). Had been a while since I last saw the Greensboro, NC service team, actually, since my 30 K service. They are the best service team I've ever worked with in my 45 years of driving. Sandy, the Lead Tech, and his team have been fantastic since I bought the Stelvio in November 2017. Unfortunately, that may have been my last visit to the Greensboro Alfa shop, as we're heading north soon. If you're anywhere near the Greensboro area, you should stop by and see the Greensboro Alfa team.

Just last week I brought our bulldogs back from Neptune Beach where we were sitting out the early open house period when we put our Greensboro home up for sale, as we're moving to a Jersey City high rise. A similar story has now unfolded as the one that brought me to Greensboro - corporate recruiters found my wife, and 4 months later we're moving. Dang recruiters.

Actually, since spending a few weeks in September in our corporate apartment in Jersey City, I can't wait till this weekend when I drive the bulldogs up there, and we start our new big city life. So there will be a "new" Stelvio in JC next week, and I have a new map to draw called, "Miss the Potholes." I guess I've gotten use to the fine North Carolina roads, and Jacksonville area roads, and was thankful to have a rental for the three weeks I was first in JC, getting that map started. JC and New York City have some teeth rattling, wheel bending potholes, which keep your mind off of the traffic if you're heading the wrong direction during rush hour.

If you have any suggestions on service departments in the JC/NYC area, please let me know. I'm not thinking I'll be putting as many local miles on the Stelvio there as here in the mid-northern NC area, but expect an alignment or two if my pothole map does not keep up with my google map directions when driving.

Thanks to Greensboro Alfa for making my purchase and service experience gold standard, and hope the folks up north will be equally fine to work with. Gotta love the sunrise in JC.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to JC. I commute here daily in my Stelvio so you may see a Stromboli Grey Ti from time to time downtown. I've not had to have mine in for service yet. I did stop by my closest service center which is Ramsey Chrysler and they seemed nice enough, but can't speak about their service quality yet.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Good luck @TiSport in your, new more northern environment. I never drove my Stelvio down to our home in St Augustine which would have been perfect to visit you in NC or Jax on the way down. We have a lot in common with your life in Richmond VA, where I lived for a long while.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you working in Suburban NJ or in/close to NYC? I purchased my Ti at Alfa of Morris County in Whippany NJ. They are part of a larger group - celebrity motor cars - that includes Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Maserati. They seem to get it. The Whippany location has a big Lexus facility and a smaller dedicated building for Alfa and Maserati. I have had two service visits, good experience overall. My ex has a Guilia since 2018 and has received good service as well. It is about 25 miles and pending traffic about 40 mins. Time of day dependent. Best route is 78w-24w-Whippany road north- route 10 and take the jug handle at ridgedale ave back onto route 10w.

No experience with the NYC dealer which is actually pretty close to you, Holland tunnel to west side drive up to dealer.

Independent service at EuroTec Motors in Livingston, NJ. They have taken care of my Alfa’s since 1992. I have not yet taken the Stelvio there but they are fantastic and starting to see a few of the newer Alfa’s. A couple of miles from the Alfa dealer. You can continue up route 10 east and get nav for Okner Parkway. Alternate route is skyway to 95N to 280w to Eisenhower parkway south to route 10 west.

PM me if more info needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with Peter - I leased mine from Ramsey Alfa, but they are a Dodge center and the Alfa tech is not there every day - so if there's something that needs a longer review it could be a big pain. So for my last service I went to Alfa of Morris County and the experience was excellent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another option is Fullerton Alfa/Maserati on Rt 22 in Somerville NJ. I've had my Giulia there for its 10k service as well as a couple of software updates. Service Manager Ed seems very knowledgeable and work was done in reasonable time on each visit. They're part of a Chrysler/Ram/Ford group but have Alfa and Maserati in their own building. Does anyone else on here have any experience with them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
@joelmac That's honestly what worries me with the Ramsey guys, that are primarily a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealer. According to the Ramsey Alfa guys they are building out their own service center, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'll probably give them a chance initially and see how it goes as they are less than a mile from where I live. If they suck, I'll go elsewhere just like l did with my VW previously, most likely Morris County as well.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Good to see you TiSport and congrats on the good news (any move where you control the outcome is a good move). Better yet glad you are still enjoying your Stelvio as we, too, are headed for 40K service very soon. We are soon to transition to an over 55 community... heart surgery and a full year of never-ending yard work as well as more grandchildren gave me different priorities.

All I really wanna do is drive, baby, drive and enjoy my Stelvio!

If you don't mind me asking: Did you do rear linings; brake fluid flush; cabin filter or any of the other more costly updates? Are you still running the original Conti's?

If you run to the Philadelphia side you will like Main Line Jeff D'Ambrosio in Frazer.

Best wishes to you, the Mrs., and your pups.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Funny on the dogs, I bought a Stelvio instead of a Guilia as I put a dog crate in the back. It stays there pretty much all the time. Just fits perfectly. When I have my dogs in car, it is a rolling kennel as they often stay in the car. Yes, parked in shade, windows rolled down part way. No extreme temps. When it gets cold I am gonna put in the biggest deep cycle battery that fits and put a 12v heating pad under the crate. I have 2 Dachshunds. Crate probably big enough for a 30-lb dog. I can get dog-lovers the exact dimensions but it is a standard mid-size crate.

When I have no dogs, the seats fold up just fine and the crate just fits under security shades. Perfect. Yes I bought a crossover based on the dogs! Some want a higher riding position, some want more ground clearance, some want to carry more stuff , some have ?.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Another option is Fullerton Alfa/Maserati on Rt 22 in Somerville NJ. I've had my Giulia there for its 10k service as well as a couple of software updates. Service Manager Ed seems very knowledgeable and work was done in reasonable time on each visit. They're part of a Chrysler/Ram/Ford group but have Alfa and Maserati in their own building. Does anyone else on here have any experience with them?
Just leased my Stelvio from them at the end of August, and it was a positive experience. Haven't had the car serviced there yet, but plan to for the first scheduled maintenance. I called them about the license plate holder and they were very helpful walking me through the mounting procedure. I'm glad to hear your experience with them was good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Without question, Alfa Romeo/Maserati of Morris County (NJ). It is not only a great Alfa Romeo dealer with excellent service, it is one of the best dealerships I have ever used, period. And that includes Honda, Mercedes Benz, and Audi. Ramsey: I walked in...and I walked out. At Alfa of Morris County, ask for Alex, the service manager. I have no interest in the dealership whatsoever, except that I shopped many places. Lara Blanar, the GM at Morris Co., was the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts