Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this up the beginning of last summer, turns out it had quite an assortment of fuel leaks and was only running on two cylinders.
So it took me til now to tackle it, and took the opportunity to get some proper expansion chambers, and a k&n set up to replace the airbox.
Only been up and down the driveway this morning, but it does remind me of my old tz racers, a very good thing.
I legally imported into the US due to its age, but am a little nervous about registering in MA.
The rmv here is a pita 20190719_102320_1563548529490.jpg [/attach]

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
nice, RZ500 sans fairing, although I had to lie on my side to view the pics. There's a guy in our biker group who rides one (or maybe it's a RG500 Suzuki?) I saw/heard it for the first time a few weeks ago when he rode it to our weekly beer consumption/bench racing meeting. He's an experienced albeit retired club road racer and has owned the bike since new. He says the engine is identical to the factory road racers except for lower compression. I'd never heard one before but he was unable to get it started after the meeting by kicking it (needs a compression release to vent the cases when flooded). He finally got it started with a bump from one of us who has serviceable knees and hips. A blast from the past! (I'll stick with my 1290 Super Duke)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometimes the pics end up right, sometimes not. sorry.

I wouldn't say they are identical (RZ or RG) to the real thing, but close enough for mortals.

some, maybe all bodywork will go back on.
being in the US when they came out I "settled" for an FJ1100. big 4 strokes are fast bikes, faster now, but a different animal than a true GP bike, or even a copy of one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts