Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing crazy... just a few eBay purchases...

Aluminum (plastic) shift knob surround and climate control surround. Thought it looked better than the stock mattte black cheap plastic pieces

Red Quadrifoglio start/stop button

·
Registered
356 Posts
Black Start button with Black/Red Interior, my only gripe...

I should be receiving a new red OEM start button from Madness Autoworks out in California, hopefully today - then going to let the dealer in Greensboro install it for free. Ken, the sales gentleman that I worked with agreed with me that whoever let a black and red interior Ti Sport leave the factory with a black start button should have been demoted to the lug nut polisher. Just kidding, but he should have had to sweep the factory every night for a week, at least!

Anyhow, at the start of my Stelvio madness I took a drive in the Giulia Quadrifoglio and that is kind of the first thing you see when you open the driver door, that RED start button; that “IN YOUR FACE” RED start button. Ken said to go ahead and start our little test drive in RACE mode - what a trip! Go ahead, drive a Quadrifoglio; and here’s to all the lucky kids out there that get one...

After realizing that our two bulldogs would not be comfortable in the rear of the Quadrifoglio, and knowing that my wife will not let the pups in her Porsche, I adjusted my thinking to the Stelvio and bought a 2018 Ti Sport, Volcano Black with Black/Red interior and have a bit over 1300 miles on NC and VA roads, and the only flaw I’ve noticed is that the this vehicle needs an “in your face” RED start button. Maybe all Alfas need a red “ in your face” start button, or at least any that have the red on black stitching, or like mine, have the black/red interior - so as I said, Ken agreed with me an offered to put one in for free if I dropped by with one ready to go... (He did say that a female client

So as soon as I get that new RED starting switch from Madness Autoworks, I will let you know about the order, and how it goes with the dealer install (as well as respond to questions from a prior post about seeing the dealer and getting some answers to things). ?

Have a super Alfista day!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
You make an interesting point- pictures please and also whether it would be an easy enough upgrade without dealer intervention. Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
from Madness Autoworks

I should be receiving a new red OEM start button from Madness Autoworks out in California, hopefully today - then going to let the dealer in Greensboro install it for free. Ken, the sales gentleman that I worked with agreed with me that whoever let a black and red interior Ti Sport leave the factory with a black start button should have been demoted to the lug nut polisher. Just kidding, but he should have had to sweep the factory every night for a week, at least!

Anyhow, at the start of my Stelvio madness I took a drive in the Giulia Quadrifoglio and that is kind of the first thing you see when you open the driver door, that RED start button; that “IN YOUR FACE” RED start button. Ken said to go ahead and start our little test drive in RACE mode - what a trip! Go ahead, drive a Quadrifoglio; and here’s to all the lucky kids out there that get one...

After realizing that our two bulldogs would not be comfortable in the rear of the Quadrifoglio, and knowing that my wife will not let the pups in her Porsche, I adjusted my thinking to the Stelvio and bought a 2018 Ti Sport, Volcano Black with Black/Red interior and have a bit over 1300 miles on NC and VA roads, and the only flaw I’ve noticed is that the this vehicle needs an “in your face” RED start button. Maybe all Alfas need a red “ in your face” start button, or at least any that have the red on black stitching, or like mine, have the black/red interior - so as I said, Ken agreed with me an offered to put one in for free if I dropped by with one ready to go... (He did say that a female client

So as soon as I get that new RED starting switch from Madness Autoworks, I will let you know about the order, and how it goes with the dealer install (as well as respond to questions from a prior post about seeing the dealer and getting some answers to things). ��

Have a super Alfista day!
I thought about the red button deal from Madness Autoworkers, BUT, I was told from their Long Beach location it costs over $200.00 to install because the steering wheel has to be disassembled. The air bag gizmo is in the steering wheel, too. It's more than a red sticker or red button.

I love the red button look but won't be driving north to Long Beach anytime soon. Imagine the safety and factory warranty implications involved.

·
Registered
356 Posts
will update as soon as I can - Ken actually got the Madness info from a client that had made the change, and as I understood the story, the woman that bought the new red switch did the install herself (and was known to be capable). I on the other hand, will accept his offer of the install. Mas tarde.

Ciao,

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Motor_city_stelvio - Could you please be so kind as to provide the link when you have a moment? THANKS

Reactions: MBW

·
Registered
536 Posts
any idea how hard the install is? As madness also sells just a red button that goes over the factory black button. I'd be willing to bet the red button will be a factory change, insanity for it not to be red!

QUOTE=TiSport;27202]I should be receiving a new red OEM start button from Madness Autoworks out in California, hopefully today - then going to let the dealer in Greensboro install it for free. Ken, the sales gentleman that I worked with agreed with me that whoever let a black and red interior Ti Sport leave the factory with a black start button should have been demoted to the lug nut polisher. Just kidding, but he should have had to sweep the factory every night for a week, at least!

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
381 Posts
red button

It’s razor thin... no one could ever tell the difference.
Just ordered the nice red start/stop sticker, what the heck - if you can't tell the difference?
Hope it lasts under really hot weather. That's our weather where I live.

I'm really tempted about the other items but wonder what happens if one decides to go back to stock. Is that impossible?

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I always get things off kilter. Signed: Toddler. Look forward to pictures.

Reactions: Flunx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone else done the red sticker on the start button that was discussed by others several months back? Curious if it held up and looked quality? Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bought it but never installed, realizing you'd lose the back lit option since this part is machined alum. It's well made but I think I'll just opt for the switching out buttons at some point andput the Quad red switch in place of the black.

Has anyone else done the red sticker on the start button that was discussed by others several months back? Curious if it held up and looked quality? Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
RTS (returned to stock)

I returned mine to the eBay seller once I realized the light wouldn't shine thru at night. Duh. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up on that when I bought it.

I ended up ordering the real deal from the Alfa dealer. Hopefully the Parts Dept at the dealer still has it in stock for me. I'm still waiting for their recall. The SM told me he would call me when it's my turn but I'm beginning to think I'll have to start getting on their case. *Squeaky wheel gets the grease.*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts