1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apparently, there's speculation that another engine might become available for the Giulia (which in turn one would think might become available for the Stelvio). Potentially a 350hp 2.0L. Here's the link to the article: New Alfa Romeo Engine Leaks: Will We See a 350-HP Giulia Veloce?

Twitter posting referencing 48V and new engine.

A 48V electrical system makes the engine stop/stop system livable, verses the stopgap method currently used to address emission/fuel economy issues.
So how exactly do u get an additional 70hp out of a 2l motor, boost is already 22lbs I believe.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
70hp isn't a mission impossible, new turbo, new catalizators and a specific ecu setup can do this without problems and with a correct and long engine life. Right now many tuners reach 320hp with the standard engine.
All the 350hp engine specific is under NDA, let's see in the next future if something happen

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
if it happens, it should have the $30,000 4th mode included.
maybe this will be the expected RWD only model - with lusso interior choices it would fill a gap between ti and quad, and be the "missing" estate version of the giulia too.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So how exactly do u get an additional 70hp out of a 2l motor, boost is already 22lbs I believe.
It's actually not as difficult of an increase as it sounds. Tuners which have had the stock Giulia and Stelvio on a dyno show it producing just over 270 hp at the wheels. Most feel it should have been rated at 310 hp.
Dyno results with a Ragazzon exhaust on the 2.0 has it at 283 hp to the wheels or somewhere around 325 at the crank.
Free flowing exhaust, throttle remapping and a little more boost and 350 is easy.

Ragazzon dyno chart:
http://www.ragazzon.com/file_public/ctlg_cilindrata/Alfa_Giulia_952__2.0T_Q4_57.0114.00+50.0718.00.pdf

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look at the Acura MDX Sport Hybrid. It has 3 electric motors, one at each rear corner, and another in-line the tranny. I drove it, and its really nice for a large as it is (and it is large). The torque vectoring is cool (overdrive outside rear wheel, regenerative brake the inside rear).

Its a performance oriented hybrid not a gas mileage maximizing hybrid. A relatively small, light battery pack. Virtually no all electric range. I don't recall the HP figures they add.

There is a review over at Alex On Autos. com or Youtube channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts