Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a deal for a 2022 QF that the dealer has had for a while. If I get it, it will be my 42nd car so I am not a stranger to some car risk. The QF would be different because it s more than I have generally spent on a car and I do worry a little bit about reliability and resale. I read a few posts on the reliability thread and things do seem to improve somewhat in the later production years as is expected. I have a friend that has a 2018 Ti (maybe Sport) and he loves it and says it is quite reliable.

Please send me let me know if you have a 2021 or 2022 QF and how it has been so far.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio QV, Misano Blue
49 Posts
I have a 22 QV I got in December and it's been completely rock solid. The only thing I've seen is the remote start from the app rarely works. Otherwise, it's been great. At about 6500 miles.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
504 Posts
Thanks, this helps. I suppose I should just do it :)
I don't have a QV, so there's that, but I always encourage anyone with the means to get one, to go thru with it, it will be fun, you'll enjoy it, and if you don't, you can sell it in a few months, and there will be one additional, less expensive QV for those thinking about upgrading. I think we (2.0 owners) collectively benefit either way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a QV, so there's that, but I always encourage anyone with the means to get one, to go thru with it, it will be fun, you'll enjoy it, and if you don't, you can sell it in a few months, and there will be one additional, less expensive QV for those thinking about upgrading. I think we (2.0 owners) collectively benefit either way.
:)

·
Registered
Rosso Comp QV
66 Posts
Good luck on your decision making process. As an owner, I guarantee you'll have plenty of FUN drives ahead of you. Now, I'll mention it ahead of time that if you buy one, you'll officially have to start using the proper Quadrifoglio abbreviation of QV. In the meantime, you'll can probably still get away with using QF. 😆 Keep us posted. (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck on your decision making process. As an owner, I guarantee you'll have plenty of FUN drives ahead of you. Now, I'll mention it ahead of time that if you buy one, you'll officially have to start using the proper Quadrifoglio abbreviation of QV. In the meantime, you'll can probably still get away with using QF. 😆 Keep us posted. (y)
In other places I have seen QF, but QV is fine with me :)

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
504 Posts
When you get it, there will be a green four leaf clover on your car, One can call it a four leaf clover or a green four leaf clover. (I think I've only ever seen green clover, so maybe it's redundant)
as you suspect, QF is the shortening of the word quadrifoglio, but it one might also shorten it like QD, kinda like ID is short for identification (thanks Norm), but that's more rare.

QV is the first two letters of the words Quadrifoglio Verde, (a proper acronym) which references the historical aspect of the Green Four leaf clover, and other higher perf Alfa models using green in their nomenclature. (trivia brought to you by too much caffeine) like how GT stand for Grand Tourer in many parts of the world on some cars, or SS stands for Super Sport, or LE might stand for Limited Edition. or GTO stand for Gran Turismo Omologato, or HO stand for High Output, or RS is Rally Sport, or DS is Dorky Sedan. (thanks Citroen)

So with that overwhelming historical precedent, many Alfisti opt to fall in line with tradition, but you don't have to, part of Alfisti is going your own way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you get it, there will be a green four leaf clover on your car, One can call it a four leaf clover or a green four leaf clover. (I think I've only ever seen green clover, so maybe it's redundant)
as you suspect, QF is the shortening of the word quadrifoglio, but it one might also shorten it like QD, kinda like ID is short for identification (thanks Norm), but that's more rare.

QV is the first two letters of the words Quadrifoglio Verde, (a proper acronym) which references the historical aspect of the Green Four leaf clover, and other higher perf Alfa models using green in their nomenclature. (trivia brought to you by too much caffeine) like how GT stand for Grand Tourer in many parts of the world on some cars, or SS stands for Super Sport, or LE might stand for Limited Edition. or GTO stand for Gran Turismo Omologato, or HO stand for High Output, or RS is Rally Sport, or DS is Dorky Sedan. (thanks Citroen)

So with that overwhelming historical precedent, many Alfisti opt to fall in line with tradition, but you don't have to, part of Alfisti is going your own way.
Thanks QV from now on...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally. Finished the deal. I pick the car up on Monday. BTW - the color is Verde Montreal Tri-Coat so it matches the green four leaf clover nicely. Boy, it it green...... :)

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
504 Posts
I was referring to aftermarket mats, many folks buy custom mats or rubber mats, I think when one has a new car coming, one might go Amazon crazy. I understand it comes with mats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was referring to aftermarket mats, many folks buy custom mats or rubber mats, I think when one has a new car coming, one might go Amazon crazy. I understand it comes with mats.
Thanks. Now I understand. I even called the dealer and had them check. The standard mats are in the trunk area that people on this form have reported before. TuxMat is popular in a survey on this forum. - over Weathertek. I checked and the price for the TuxMat and it seems fine. I’m not sure if I’m going to use their cargo area piece and may get something that acts like a pad for the dog. Perhaps I should do both? Although I just left the bank and I’m not feeling particularly flush at the moment🙃

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally. Finished the deal. I pick the car up on Monday. BTW - the color is Verde Montreal Tri-Coat so it matches the green four leaf clover nicely. Boy, it it green...... :)
I already have a Trofeo White Tricoat Metallic/Black & Red 2018 Stelvio QV and it has been flawless for 3.5years, but have recently been debating picking up a 2022 Stelvio QV in Alfa Rosso. Though we are in different markets, what sort of discount did you get on yours. Just looking for a data point before making an offer…if I don’t just keep what I already have. The paint quality on my 2018 is significantly better than on the 2022s that I have seen recently. Tons of orange peel in the paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I already have a Trofeo White Tricoat Metallic/Black & Red 2018 Stelvio QV and it has been flawless for 3.5years, but have recently been debating picking up a 2022 Stelvio QV in Alfa Rosso. Though we are in different markets, what sort of discount did you get on yours. Just looking for a data point before making an offer…if I don’t just keep what I already have. The paint quality on my 2018 is significantly better than on the 2022s that I have seen recently. Tons of orange peel in the paint.
I looked around in a couple other markets including Southern California. I think I got slightly better than usual for the price. I paid invoice. The harder negotiation took place was on the value of my trade in. Like a lot of dealers, they put on a partial clear bra, and in the case of my car, a windshield film for protection as well. In the end, they did not charge me for them. I don't know where you are, but I had to make the case that the Alfa Factory incentives don't come out of their pocket and I should get those as well.

With regard to the paint quality, I have looked at the car in the sun as well as in the showroom yesterday. In fact I was looking at the paint for any defects. I could not find any. Some smudges that will was off when the detail the car for delivery. As I mentioned, I have the Verde Montreal Green color which they charge $2,200 for. Maybe this car was a fluke or they paid special attention to the paint, but as I can see so far, it looks good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I looked around in a couple other markets including Southern California. I think I got slightly better than usual for the price. I paid invoice. The harder negotiation took place was on the value of my trade in. Like a lot of dealers, they put on a partial clear bra, and in the case of my car, a windshield film for protection as well. In the end, they did not charge me for them. I don't know where you are, but I had to make the case that the Alfa Factory incentives don't come out of their pocket and I should get those as well.

With regard to the paint quality, I have looked at the car in the sun as well as in the showroom yesterday. In fact I was looking at the paint for any defects. I could not find any. Some smudges that will was off when the detail the car for delivery. As I mentioned, I have the Verde Montreal Green color which they charge $2,200 for. Maybe this car was a fluke or they paid special attention to the paint, but as I can see so far, it looks good.
I suspect the Tricoat Metallics are a bit better, but my comment was solely related to the degree of orange peel on the clear coat. It is unsightly, but often a sign of more clearcoat to work with when wet sanding. The paint on my 2018 is mostly devoid of any noticeable orange peel, but then it is also a Tricoat Metallic.

BTW…what factory rebates are currently in effect? Invoice seems like a very good deal in the current environment. I’m embarrassed to say that I only paid $67k ($21k+ discount) on my 2018, so those types of deals are long gone now. I have a buyer for mine at $64k, but I am a bit reticent to tempt fate since my own QV has been flawless to date.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I suspect the Tricoat Metallics are a bit better, but my comment was solely related to the degree of orange peel on the clear coat. It is unsightly, but often a sign of more clearcoat to work with when wet sanding. The paint on my 2018 is mostly devoid of any noticeable orange peel, but then it is also a Tricoat Metallic.

BTW…what factory rebates are currently in effect? Invoice seems like a very good deal in the current environment. I’m embarrassed to say that I only paid $67k ($21k+ discount) on my 2018, so those types of deals are long gone now. I have a buyer for mine at $64k, but I am a bit reticent to tempt fate since my own QV has been flawless to date.
I hope you are right about the Tricoat Metallics. I am pretty critical, but I may have missed something. Whatever it is, the finish is better than a lot of cars I have owned (this will be my 42nd). Until last month, you could have picked up a new 2021 QV for $77k, perhaps a bit less. I seriously considered, but it was in another state and so transportation and other issues made it less attractive. All of those are gone now.

In terms of the rebates, it will vary. If you do your own financing, there is $750 in customer cash. If you have a competitive product, and I do, then there is another $750. From what I can tell there are 7 deals available for the QV at the moment. They should be visible on the dealer posting for each car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hope you are right about the Tricoat Metallics. I am pretty critical, but I may have missed something. Whatever it is, the finish is better than a lot of cars I have owned (this will be my 42nd). Until last month, you could have picked up a new 2021 QV for $77k, perhaps a bit less. I seriously considered, but it was in another state and so transportation and other issues made it less attractive. All of those are gone now.

In terms of the rebates, it will vary. If you do your own financing, there is $750 in customer cash. If you have a competitive product, and I do, then there is another $750. From what I can tell there are 7 deals available for the QV at the moment. They should be visible on the dealer posting for each car.
Just for reference, though this is a terrible picture off of the dealer’s website, this is also what the orange peel on the current Alfa paint jobs are looking like in person too. Worse than a BMW...and that's saying a lot!
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts