Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some 2019's is the MSRP is $85,440 with a $11,142 discount a good price?
Also a similar 2018 I can get a $12,790 discount.
I am thinking 2019 might be better due to the 2nd year of production, but not sure about that.
Down the road a year newer could be worth a tiny bit more.
I am located in the NYC area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'de get the 2019. There are more than a few subtle improvements especially in terms of build quality, aside from the Andy Auto and Carplay which will definitely contribute to resale value/sell-ability later.

Either way enjoy!!!
I'd be interested to know what specifically they've addressed "in terms of build quality" between 2018 and 2019 Quadrifoglio (QV)? I just bought a 2018 QV and was told that there's essentially no difference between 2018 and 2019 if they have the same options. Also note that he's asking about a QV so the Apple Carplay/Android Auto limitations don't apply.

To answer the OP's question, yes those are good prices but there are some selling for less than that. They may require that you travel out of state to get them or have them shipped back, so it depends on whether you're willing to go to those lengths to get a (slightly) better deal.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
So QV's can all get the carplay upgrade regardless of build date? Wasn't aware of that...

In terms of build quality they are fixing the parts/assembly processes that have problems. There aren't many, but there are some and the kinks are getting worked out. The car won't drive any differently or look any different.

For instance, sitting in the 2019's at the dealership while waiting for my 10k service I noticed the newer models use a better quality sunvisor clip (mine broke so I looked at the new ones), it also seemed like the rear hatch buttons had a stronger spring. Looking at the outside and inside I noticed the 2019's had better panel gaps and alignments in general. The 2018's were really good however there have been panel alignment and gap issues (my headlights are not perfect, neither are the bumpers, and inside the front passenger door panel fitment allows me to see a tiny bit of paint through the seam when the door is closed, from the right angle and when I got it all of the Stelvio's I saw had similar very minor - splitting hairs and looking for problems - ways). The fuel door closed more solidly on the 2019's also. None of these things are a big deal and are very normal improvements/weak spots for any manufacturer in the first few years of production on a ground-up new model, regardless they are things that receive "running improvements" as the assembly robots gets their settings finessed and suppliers are told to refine their specs. Many of these refinements can also likely be found on late production 2018's vs early production. It has less to do with model years and more to do with continual improvements to assembly and supply chain, which is something all manufacturers do.

The cars are "essentially" the same, however they are not "exactly" the same. Even if there are no changes to equipment or anything else - in general - the first year of production on ANY vehicle is the worst. Every year after that will improve. (again this is rule of thumb)

·
Registered
18 Posts
So QV's can all get the carplay upgrade regardless of build date? Wasn't aware of that...
Thanks for clarifying some of the build quality differences you've observed. I was mostly curious whether Alfa had called out any specific components they've changed. Sounds mostly like quality control which is great. As for Carplay, I could be wrong but I've yet to see or hear any QV owners say they don't have it or wish they had it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last Friday i purchased a new 2018 Stelvio Q4 for 15,200 below sticker. Depending on where the dealer is located determines price, my local dealer where i live West Lake Village had a 5k premium on 2019`s, so i had to drive a little to get what i thought was a good price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I test drove a 2019 last night and really liked everything about it.
The dealer must of buffed a portion of the paint and caused "dealer installed holograms" which will need to have corrected. (black paint)
The dealer would give a $8k discount in total, which is not enough.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I test drove a 2019 last night and really liked everything about it.
The dealer must of buffed a portion of the paint and caused "dealer installed holograms" which will need to have corrected. (black paint)
The dealer would give a $8k discount in total, which is not enough.
IF you go with that (they sweeten the deal or something) be careful with how they repair the paint issues. ALOT of waxes just fill in the swirls with oils that hide the marks. It looks like they are gone till you wash the car and they come right back. Make sure it is Repaired, not covered up...or you get enough discount you don't care.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
20k off MSRP Quad in Indiana

Check out this Quad with 25 Miles for 20k under MSRP!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Stelvio-Quadrifoglio/163518899748?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=56425&meid=3b0c8d41d8a441e5b1fa2c6480d60b28&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=163416655930&itm=163518899748&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

They also have a used Quad with 5500 miles for 64K. Again not affiliated but thought I'd show you these I hope they are legit. Looks like Quads will be down in 50's here in no time at all..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is this a Quad? If so, let me know if you were able to get that discount, please.
2018 Stelvio Quads can be bought for $17k off at several dealers, at least until end of the month for certain. Only time will tell for March.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check out this Quad with 25 Miles for 20k under MSRP!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Stelvio-Quadrifoglio/163518899748?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=56425&meid=3b0c8d41d8a441e5b1fa2c6480d60b28&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=163416655930&itm=163518899748&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

They also have a used Quad with 5500 miles for 64K. Again not affiliated but thought I'd show you these I hope they are legit. Looks like Quads will be down in 50's here in no time at all..
Actually, that’s $18k off MSRP, I believe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lowered to $66,000

Close enough? Can you send me a check for the extra $2,000? :devil
Auction just got reduced to $66,000 for a discount of $20,940 under MSRP which is $86,940 on this Quad. Can't understand why these are tanking in value so quickly at this pace used units will be in $40's in 2 years flat.... Now MC3456 can send me a check for $940.00...:angel

·
Registered
542 Posts
Auction just got reduced to $66,000 for a discount of $20,940 under MSRP which is $86,940 on this Quad. Can't understand why these are tanking in value so quickly at this pace used units will be in $40's in 2 years flat.... Now MC3456 can sent me a check for $940.00...:angel
Probably because new ones are discounted so heavily. I mean I got a $14k discount on my Ti Sport with an MSRP of $53k. So naturally used vehicles have to be even less or nobody will buy them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Auction just got reduced to $66,000 for a discount of $20,940 under MSRP which is $86,940 on this Quad. Can't understand why these are tanking in value so quickly at this pace used units will be in $40's in 2 years flat.... Now MC3456 can send me a check for $940.00...:angel
Had actually called them yesterday and got the $66K price before they lowered it on their website. Suspect it can easily be bought for $64K though. Prices are dropping only because that car is a buyback by Alfa I think. Not a lemon, just excess inventory from another dealer that closed. Alfa has accepted back most inventory from closing dealers.

Reactions: marcants1977

·
Registered
72 Posts
Probably because new ones are discounted so heavily. I mean I got a $14k discount on my Ti Sport with an MSRP of $53k. So naturally used vehicles have to be even less or nobody will buy them.
You did well on yours. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts