Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I bought a 2018 Stelvio in April of 2022 (bought at 28k, now at 37k)

Beginning in October of 2022, a light to service ACC appeared on my dash and since then I have not had ACC or Automatic High Beam available. I brought the car to a dealership (not where I bought the car, purchased at a Philadelphia area dealer, now living/inspected at a dealer in the Boston area) to inspect the issue where I found out I would either need a recalibration (where I was told would not be a guaranteed fix) or to replace the half module sensor entirely that controls the ACC. I also had them inspect the windshield of the car which appears to have been installed incorrectly as I could see the lower left corner windshield does not sit in the seal right above the hood of the car.

In December of 2022, I finally got the car back to the dealership where it was purchased. They asked if the windshield had been replaced since I bought it (it has not been replaced) as that can lead to issues with the sensor and controls behind the rearview mirror. I purchased the car with incorrect windshield installation, and it has led me to believe the issues are related. I agreed to do the recalibration ($400) at the dealership I purchased the car from and apparently they attempted to do it multiple times and it kept failing. They still charged me the money though for something that wasn't done!

Seeing as I have not had this car for even a year, and have been told by the dealer in the Boston area that this sensor typically lasts for the life of the car, and having an incorrectly installed windshield upon purchase of the car, and is very likely related to the issue with the sensor I feel it is extremely unfair to have to pay to have the sensor replaced. Do you have any recommendations/solutions for me? Thank you for reading and I appreciate any response.

· Registered
6,322 Posts
#1, go to Alfissimo and buy the obd2 adapter kit for MultiECUScan.

#2 buy MultiECUscan. Google it.

That will all cost about half of what you paid the dealer and allow you to recalibrate it yourself.

I would then go get the part replaced at an independent shop, knowing I can recalibrate everything myself even if the independent place can't.

As far as the windshield causing the problem.... That's going to be a fight. Not arguing with your reasoning, just saying given the age, they won't roll over and pay it.

· Registered
310 Posts
Another option would be to take your car to a glass repair shop, and pay them to remove and reinstall the window correctly.
They will recalibrate the sensors as part of the process, and it should cost less than what the dealership wants to charge you.

Also, you bought a used car, and drove it for months before a problem occurred.
It's your problem now, and you're not getting anything from any party that isn't your wallet.

· Registered
14 Posts
Another option would be to take your car to a glass repair shop, and pay them to remove and reinstall the window correctly.
They will recalibrate the sensors as part of the process, and it should cost less than what the dealership wants to charge you.

Also, you bought a used car, and drove it for months before a problem occurred.
It's your problem now, and you're not getting anything from any party that isn't your wallet.
You may want to contact your insurance company as it is a safety issue for anything windshield/ forward sensor related. Pay the deductible (if any) and get a new windshield and sensors. I had a small chip and had it replaced (no deductible for new windshields here in Florida). The clamps holding the sensors were damaged on the new windshield so I had to do the job a second time 2 weeks later. The clamps are a joke and likely often brake during shipping and may be your problem. They are part of the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts