Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ll be honest . . . with the new platform I’m not sure how updates come across, so I’m just posting a how-to video in a new discussion. A couple of notes:
1.). This video is for adding an additional powered sub to your Stelvio.
2.). I think the “proper” way to do this would be to tap into the rear speakers in the 2 rear doors. I opted NOT to do that because I know how prone I am to breaking stuff. The interior is not my specialty and I’m paranoid about breaking off tabs, etc., so I tapped into the current sub.
3.). The Sound Ordnance sub has provisions for RCA plugs as well as standard speaker wire. I purchased an LOC, but opted to retain the standard speaker wires (hint: LOC just sitting around if you need one).
4.). I am NOT an electrical genius. I’m sure many of you are much better at doing these things than I am. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but not looking for the destructive kind :).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scott; great video. It was very helpful to get me into that quarter panel. One additional comment: When I removed mine (2019 Ti Sport), there was one additional fastener that had to be removed in order to completely remove the 'felt' quarter panel that covers the sub woofer assembly. It is located behind the seat bolster on the driver's side rear seat. The bolster must be removed to remove the last push-type fastener. This sounds a little daunting but the seat bolster can be removed pretty easily. Simply grab the bottom of the rear seat bolster and pull it forward to release the retainer clips. The seat belt prevents the bolster from being completely removed from the vehicle but you'll have plenty enough clearance to access and remove the fastener.
Hope this helps those who view this outstanding video.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know what? Now that you point that out, I believe the first time I did this, that’s what I had to do. I should check if maybe I didn’t put that one back in? I never did (for the video) get that panel off completely. However I know I had it off completely when I did my wiring initially. Thanks for that catch!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello scott. Thanks for the video. Anytime you are in orlando and want to help me add the same setup to my Ti sport without the hk, will supply a cold beer and dinner. Mark

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello scott. Thanks for the video. Anytime you are in orlando and want to help me add the same setup to my Ti sport without the hk, will supply a cold beer and dinner. Mark
I’d be down for that! Just need to find a reason to travel down there . . . High of 35 deg today. That might qualify!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am still waiting for scott Larson to come to sunny and warm central Florida to help me with my sub install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts