Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,new here. I recently purchased a 2018 Stelvio Ti sport and was wanting to add a powered sub to enhance the base stereo system. I joined this forum hoping that I could find where someone has already gone through the process & as well had best place to tap/wire color details. Unfortunately I found nothing. So I have got the installation complete and thought I’d share my process & hope it will help someone else in need. I first started with tapping the rear door speakers, very easy to hide the wire and keep it clean. Tap each side L- orange/orange-blk stripe twisted together,,,R-green/green blk stripe,, picture includes of where I tapped to keep it clean. Returned first sub, thought it was blown till I got a second and had same problem, sounded blown and would cut out on protect mode. Do yourself a favor and purchase a LOC converter, it worked great after installing this product. It’s almost as the rear styrofoam area was meant for this sub, fit beautiful with a few modifications (drill holes for wires). While I had rear left panel off tapping remote turn on wire to 12v plug I noticed there is a spot for 3.5” speakers, so ran wire for those and have Rockford Fosgate on order. I also hooked up some basic tweeters inside that panel for a bit extra from rear. I may have left something out but hope the pictures or the proper colored wires will help someone in there attempt. Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a model number for the sub and converter?
Here are the products I used. Be sure to turn gain on LOC all the way up & I have bass boost & xover on powered sub all the way up, gain on powered sub barley turned and on head unit treble +9, bass +4, balance/fade 3 clicks towards back speakers and it sounds as good if not better than my X5 M with premium Bose system.✌

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
No rattling you say.....

(Mirror shake...I miss mirror shake...)

Good choice on the Kicker box too BTW. Most sub companies are very overrated/priced IMO. Kicker on the other hand always seems to sound better or as good as the bigger names for a better deal. Haven't asked how it sounds, cause my guess is nice and fast with solid low end extension and good detail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wanted to add additional photos of completed work now that the remaining speakers have made it. Added (2) Rockford Fosgate 3.5” 2-way full range & (2) tweeters, both have built in crossovers. A bit of modification around speaker holder due to it being sized for a 2.5 or 3” (guess I measured wrong. Either way worked and can not tell anything has been done, however sounds awesome. Absolutely NO distortion and it thumps👊👊 you can also hear ever note possible. Only other speaker I’ll add is if I can find a way to access center dash speaker otherwise in the music area I’m good.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No rattling you say.....

(Mirror shake...I miss mirror shake...)

Good choice on the Kicker box too BTW. Most sub companies are very overrated/priced IMO. Kicker on the other hand always seems to sound better or as good as the bigger names for a better deal. Haven't asked how it sounds, caus
e my guess is nice and fast with solid low end extension and good detail.
Yeah I’m an old bass head 2😎
Thanks✌

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for share Troy810.

One question.. it seems to me that your version haven't any factory sub installed.
Mine does... can I add extra Sub at my system? (Non HK)

Thank you.

Flavio
I’m sure you could either use a Y cable from existing sub or completely hook a new one using the method I have. I’d think you HK System should be adequate however?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the hk system, ordered the kicker and will try to install it this weekend.

What did you tie the extra speakers you put in to? Did you install another amp? I assume mine already has those speakers with the hk..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for posting this up! I installed the same sub today, took about an hour and half. Tied directly into the high level on the amp. It really added what the system was missing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts