Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 SPRINT DIESEL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set a cup holder on the right side of my right-stearing Stelvio.
Since I am right-handed, it was very
painful to hold the bottle with my left hand from the center console and change it to my right hand whenever I was thirsty, but this cup holder worked WELL and gave my left hand an eternal summer vacation.

However, there are some problems.
First, the air conditioner can no longer change the direction of the wind. Since this cup holder is fixed to the air conditioner fin, the direction of the fin cannot be changed. (The wind blows.)
The second is that it has become unfashionable. Part of the Stelvio's beautiful interior, the air conditioner vent, rose up like a bad tumor.

Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift Wheel
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Rim

It's convenient, but ugly.
I am worried about whether I should continue using this and I don't think I can sleep this week.

(In Japan, it is basically legal to use and attach cup holders. Thanks.)

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
235 Posts
This is a really clever idea and I think I want one..

…but I do understand the visual appearance/aesthetic I can almost hear the uninitiated eye scanning the length of the beautifully contoured dash and then saying WTH is THAT !?

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
Sorry Matt, I was going to say you were being level headed on that other post, but now you want to hang a venti from the vent?
I've had many cars with center mounted window controls, and now I have door based ones in this car, and I'm forced to operate them with my left hand, so sorry, I am not feeling any empathy for lefties that have to drink with their right hand. I feel safer knowing they have their dominant hand on the wheel when they're drinking. not like all those right handed people trying to steer with their non dominant hand or legs when drinking, weaving all over the road.

stay safe

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport 2.0L Volcano Black Metallic/Red Int.
35 Posts
I do like how they designed the bottom portion; actually looks like a different style vent or a wheel of a car when folded up, looks great. Obviously does not match the other vents at all but still looks good enough to have if it functions well and is convenient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts