Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here but am trying to see if anyone else has this happen. When cruising on the highway I A mode, if I let off the throttle, I notice the rpms drop to 1000 or slightly under. I am new to Alfa so I’m unsure if this is normal or not. Any help is appreciated. I have a 2018 stelvio sport

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Lusso Verde Visconti
48 Posts
Seems like I've seen that mentioned somewhere on here in another thread. It is designed to that apparently. I've not triggered it myself but I only use A mode in combination with cruise control on the highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like I've seen that mentioned somewhere on here in another thread. It is designed to that apparently. I've not triggered it myself but I only use A mode in combination with cruise control on the highway.
If by chance you are able to find that thread, would you be able to link that on here? I would love to read up on it

·
Registered
15 Posts
A mode seems to do whatever it takes to keep the revs low and the turbo from spooling up to save gas. It's supposed to work that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only have 1100 miles on the odometer so far, but this seems to be doing a decent job of saving gas. On a three hour drive, one way in N, I got 28 mpg, the return trip in A, I got 31 mpg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is totally normal. That is coasting or sailing mode, which is activated automatically in A or D when speed is below 100km/h, no cruise control and you take off your foot from the gas pedal. Usually at downhills. Most often in A mode. Done for fuel saving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
agreed.. mine does it on the highway when cruising and I take my foot off the pedal.. it goes into neutral and leveages momentum vs fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts