Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For over two years now, I've been driving illegally; so, often, up till this day, I have not been a good citizen on a regular basis. Until November 2019, I was living in North Carolina, so it did not matter so much there that I did not have a front license plate, except that I was registered in VA, where the front plate is still "appreciated" by some. Thankfully, even when traveling in Virginia, which I did several times a year since we have offspring there, I was never stopped for the other thing that is a negative on my citizenship, driving in excess of the posted speed limit (suggestion), which might lead to being charged with the no tag citation.

However; as of November, I'm a citizen of New Jersey, and although there are lots of laws broken up here I'm trying to mend my ways, and although I missed the 60 day state requirement to get a NJ driver's license and re-title and register my Stelvio, those things have now been completed and after reading the number of $100 tickets that are issued here in the Garden State each year, I decided that giving in is better than giving out and continuing to live in secular sin.

Thank you, ALFA, for supplying the afterthought plate holder, and making it easy to install, even if the fit is not quite what I'd like; but at least it allows me to mend one of my criminal ways and avoid the fine that I'm sure would come my way one day, when least expected.

Ciao.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So what does your holder look like?
I got the tow mount license plate holder from alfa9.
That is how it looks... without any frame around it, just flat on the black abs looking plastic

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, came with the Ti Sport.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s shaped to fit the contours of the front end, mostly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A better man than I

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
After seeing a couple of Stelvio's with crooked tow bolt mounted license plates I decided to have my Alfa dealer install the FCA provided front license mount. After one year with it on the front of the care I've not regretted the installation. My state recently recommitted to a mandatory front license plate.

·
Registered
213 Posts
still driving around NJ with no front plate, I am

Reactions: KZquad18

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to see what the dealers near me want for the license plate holder.
I like the one from alfa 9 in that it can quickly be removed if needed and won't mar the finish on the nose.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I also have the Alfa 9 license plate holder. I first tried the one from Madness but didn't like it at all. Then tried the Alfa 9 which is a keeper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The alfa 9 plate would block my sensors.,☹
hmmmmm, I have a 2019 Quadrifoglio with the Alfa9 license plate mount mounted on the front passenger side and have absolutely no problem with the park sensors. . .or any other sensors. You just need to carefully position it to avoid blocking the sensors. . . mine's been securely mounted problem free for 6 months/5000 miles.

Reactions: Sandee

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im in CA and havent put mine on yet either. I'll wait for the fix it ticket first. Fingers crossed
I just got a fix it ticket a couple weeks ago for this. Haha. First time in 20 years. I think it has to do with the new law in CA where they are making the dealers put temp tags on back AND front of cars which makes it easier to enforce and not falsely pull people over.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just got a fix it ticket a couple weeks ago for this. Haha. First time in 20 years. I think it has to do with the new law in CA where they are making the dealers put temp tags on back AND front of cars which makes it easier to enforce and not falsely pull people over.
It was mainly due to people running the toll roads and they couldnt come after them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts