Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Always maintain Alfas are for drivers. Sure, you can get in and putz around, but really, best enjoyed if you appreciate quick steering, responsive chassis, dynamic (should be d for default) mode, flicking paddles. Now, I have not had any major issues in both of the two I’ve had, but have to say, I enjoy getting behind the wheel for a ride to drug store as much as a twisty road..

· Registered
EV6 GT (est. Delivery Jan 30,2023).
1,337 Posts
Unlike others that are on here, that is.
Yup. Everyone has different wants, but you should understand the machine you are buying. The Stelvio is trickier to drive than a manual transmission, for optimal performance, because you must "outsmart" the computer controlling the engine AND transmission. Definitely a "driver must know t he car" vehicle if you want to accelerate, shift, etc. optimally.

· Registered
586 Posts
Yup. Everyone has different wants, but you should understand the machine you are buying. The Stelvio is trickier to drive than a manual transmission, for optimal performance, because you must "outsmart" the computer controlling the engine AND transmission. Definitely a "driver must know t he car" vehicle if you want to accelerate, shift, etc. optimally.
This is a completely false statement made by someone who has never even driven a Stelvio.

· Registered
6,322 Posts
"Trickier to drive then a manual transmission."

That sounds like the answer to the Jeopardy question:

"What is the fastest way to show someone you know absolutely nothing when talking about cars."

Every once and a while I un-ignore the guy just for a good belly laugh......never fails. This guy is the Eddie Griffin of trolls, not really very funny and a lot of the stuff he says is point blank ridiculous, but every once and a while he gets a good one. That has to be a joke, cause if not treating the gas pedal like an on/off button is really "harder then driving a manual transmission".... My guess is you need a neurologist. Something very wrong with you if modulating one pedal is harder then two.......

Good joke though. Right up there with that eating a tomato dropped in a hot tub bit from Deuce Bigalow.

· Registered
1,337 Posts
This is a completely false statement made by someone who has never even driven a Stelvio.
I've driven one. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
People on this forum will begin to whine about "oh he did it wrong..." and "He didn't DRIVE! it" and whatever else for an excuse as to why it's over half a second slower than advertised.

Like I said, it requires a whole lot of finesse to get the most out of it, otherwise it's just not going to perform anywhere near the factory claims. It's not just modulating the pedal in an intuitive manner. You have to spend a lot of time (more than a test drive or a few runs or a weekend with the car), and really REALLY get to know what all the nannies want to unlock that extra bit to get the factory rated claims, or even come close. You can see it on this forum, as well, as people begin to learn their Stelvio over weeks and months, they begin to post times that go from this guy's, to the factory rated.

Interestingly, he and I had the same take on the car: Well balanced, didn't like the steering, slower than expected. I'd have liked to drive one of the Adaptive suspension cars like he had.

· Registered
586 Posts
It sounds like you've watched some YouTube videos instead of driving the car. Those are not the same thing. Buy a QV if you care about 0-60 so much. Or, actually, please go buy another, different car and leave us alone. Your incorrect, sweeping statements just make it clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey mods, this troll makes this forum significantly worse. He purposely antagonizes productive/helpful members of the forum, makes up lies about the car, seems hell-bent on making sure people don't buy one, and he doesn't even drive an Alfa. Are you going to do anything about it, or are you just going to celebrate the engagement numbers?

· Registered
1,337 Posts
It sounds like you've watched some YouTube videos instead of driving the car. Those are not the same thing. Buy a QV if you care about 0-60 so much. Or, actually, please go buy another, different car and leave us alone. Your incorrect, sweeping statements just make it clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey mods, this troll makes this forum significantly worse. He purposely antagonizes productive/helpful members of the forum, makes up lies about the car, seems hell-bent on making sure people don't buy one, and he doesn't even drive an Alfa. Are you going to do anything about it, or are you just going to celebrate the engagement numbers?
I mean, I'm not going to argue with you about having driven it, lol! I'm just telling you how it went. You can believe it or not, but its nothing to me what you choose.

· Registered
586 Posts
Apparently it is, since you didn't choose this car and YOU'RE STILL HERE. We get it, it's not as fast as the fastest Toyota, and you can't figure out how to drive one from a short test drive. You've said this exact same thing OVER AND OVER again. Do you feel this is productive? Who are you helping out? Why do you do this?

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Apparently it is, since you didn't choose this car and YOU'RE STILL HERE. We get it, it's not as fast as the fastest Toyota, and you can't figure out how to drive one from a short test drive. You've said this exact same thing OVER AND OVER again. Do you feel this is productive? Who are you helping out? Why do you do this?
People looking at the car, but I really hope they test drive it to see if the new ones are better (I drove a 2018 Ti), or to see if their taste varies. This forum is an echo chamber, which is something I've found very unique among Fiat/Chrysler products. So, to provide counterpoint, of someone who considered one, drove it, didn't like it, and why. I have also seen people come and go here. Often they go mad.

· Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
724 Posts
I've driven one. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
People on this forum will begin to whine about "oh he did it wrong..." and "He didn't DRIVE! it" and whatever else for an excuse as to why it's over half a second slower than advertised.

Like I said, it requires a whole lot of finesse to get the most out of it, otherwise it's just not going to perform anywhere near the factory claims. It's not just modulating the pedal in an intuitive manner. You have to spend a lot of time (more than a test drive or a few runs or a weekend with the car), and really REALLY get to know what all the nannies want to unlock that extra bit to get the factory rated claims, or even come close. You can see it on this forum, as well, as people begin to learn their Stelvio over weeks and months, they begin to post times that go from this guy's, to the factory rated.

Interestingly, he and I had the same take on the car: Well balanced, didn't like the steering, slower than expected. I'd have liked to drive one of the Adaptive suspension cars like he had.
"I've driven one".

C'mon, you admittedly took a brief test drive in an '18 TI with a sales person from a used car lot once.

I'm thinking you gotta expand your horizons a bit and buy some laps in a 488 Pista like I did so you can give sage advice and driving impressions on the Ferrari forums. I'm sure it would be well received.

· Registered
1,337 Posts
"I've driven one".

C'mon, you admittedly took a brief test drive in an '18 TI with a sales person from a used car lot once.

I'm thinking you gotta expand your horizons a bit and buy some laps in a 488 Pista like I did so you can give sage advice and driving impressions on the Ferrari forums. I'm sure it would be well received.
Absolutely fair. I chose to buy something that engaged me in the brief test drive vs. hoping I'd learn to like the Stelvio, though, and I think that's a very valid point. We aren't comparing out and out lap times or whatever.

· Registered
586 Posts
Dude, at this point you've known FOR MORE THAN A YEAR that you're not going to get a Stelvio. Stop feigning ignorance about it. You're on some sad mission to antagonize the people of this forum, and you're doing it in a way that's akin to gaslighting. You pick and choose what to respond to, and then do it in such a dense, nonsensical way that it just drives the conversation in circles. YOU'RE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME, especially your own.

You've driven the car this forum is based on one time, probably for less than 10 minutes, and yet you have more than 1300 posts about it on this forum. Why? How does this not embarrass you?

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Dude, at this point you've known FOR MORE THAN A YEAR that you're not going to get a Stelvio. Stop feigning ignorance about it. You're on some sad mission to antagonize the people of this forum, and you're doing it in a way that's akin to gaslighting. You pick and choose what to respond to, and then do it in such a dense, nonsensical way that it just drives the conversation in circles. YOU'RE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME, especially your own.

You've driven the car this forum is based on one time, probably for less than 10 minutes, and yet you have more than 1300 posts about it on this forum. Why? How does this not embarrass you?
If that's how you feel, why not use that ignore button? #Easy

· Registered
6,322 Posts
Nah, Pista is too boring..
Even worse then a Stelvio, all that grip has nothing on "balance".

Gotta have something that wiggles a lot as it swaps between understeer and oversteer. See...that's balance right there, balancing between flying off the road one direction or another but not doing either!!!

Balance... No Italian POS could ever hope to emulate that.

Absolutely nothing can prepare one for the fun of driving down the road while simulating a fairy tale pig running from a big bad wolf.

Yelling "squeeee!!!!" All the way home. It's like being a child and having your parent play with your toes but as an adult in public while endangering others!!!! The adrenaline rush is just phenominal.

Course that was just one drive so....I don't know anything Kia's are great. RAV4's are performance monsters and the RDX is the vehicle all others aspire to be.

Related... I read an article that describes the Tonale as similar to an XC40 with faster steering dynamically......

Man... So many cars that are engaging on test drives........

...and here I am happy as day 1 with my same car for almost 5 years....

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Nah, Pista is too boring..
Even worse then a Stelvio, all that grip has nothing on "balance".

Gotta have something that wiggles a lot as it swaps between understeer and oversteer. See...that's balance right there, balancing between flying off the road one direction or another but not doing either!!!

Balance... No Italian POS could ever hope to emulate that.

Absolutely nothing can prepare one for the fun of driving down the road while simulating a fairy tale pig running from a big bad wolf.

Yelling "squeeee!!!!" All the way home. It's like being a child and having your parent play with your toes but as an adult in public while endangering others!!!! The adrenaline rush is just phenominal.

Course that was just one drive so....I don't know anything Kia's are great. RAV4's are performance monsters and the RDX is the vehicle all others aspire to be.

Related... I read an article that describes the Tonale as similar to an XC40 with faster steering dynamically......

Man... So many cars that are engaging on test drives........

...and here I am happy as day 1 with my same car for almost 5 years....
You're more into my C40 than I am, tbh. It's fast. Handling is well damped, but it just doesn't inspire confidence. The front contact patch is a bit small, and it doesn't bite as hard as I'd like when you push it hard. I have no idea why Volvo used 235's up front, but they did.

· Registered
580 Posts

That fact that you're replying means you haven't blocked the troll, the only reason he's here is that he enjoys playing with people and getting the attention from them, that's why blocking him is the best approach.

I know this because @ALFAOFFROAD and I both decided to step away for a bit last year and surprise, the troll did not log on while we were taking a breather, I think I see one of their posts once a month and its the same old broken record.

· Registered
586 Posts
Oh he's blocked, I just made the mistake of reading ONE single post this morning.

Again, where are the mods? What's going to happen if we ban this schmuck? Are the police going to show up? Seriously, mods, this forum is becoming worse than the Facebook groups. Congrats on that.

· Registered
580 Posts
Oh he's blocked, I just made the mistake of reading ONE single post this morning.

Again, where are the mods? What's going to happen if we ban this schmuck? Are the police going to show up? Seriously, mods, this forum is becoming worse than the Facebook groups. Congrats on that.
The problem is that he knows how to play the game, and as annoying as it can be, it's not truly off-topic for the thread, nor are any rules being broken.

Sadly you've now given him encouragement by interacting with him today.

· Registered
6,322 Posts
Pythagorean's numerology stuff said 4 is the number of justice!!! That makes anything with a 4 morally superior to anything without. Morality with cars translates to better test drives I think. (Then, like an overly moral human the initial infatuation wears off quickly once the realization is made it's boring)

.. yeah, I do the same thing @Huecifer generally regret it after.....

21 - 40 of 70 Posts