Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an after market exhaust system for our Stelvio’s. I know about Madness Motor Works, looking for others in the states.Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I would like to kick it up a notch- just enough to enjoy it but not enough that my wife would notice it. Just a little attitude. One of the things to love about the Levante is that purring growl. I had read something about engine effect through the sound system in race mode on them but maybe it is electromechanical dampers. Anybody know about that?

Reactions: Jeremy Smith

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ha Ha......every time I have installed aftermarket CAI or exhaust on my vehicles, I get the "what the **** did you do now?" from my wife :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to kick it up a notch- just enough to enjoy it but not enough that my wife would notice it. Just a little attitude. One of the things to love about the Levante is that purring growl. I had read something about engine effect through the sound system in race mode on them but maybe it is electromechanical dampers. Anybody know about that?
That is what I’m looking for, just a notch more for sound, nothing overboard.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I checked it out, thanks for the link, I see they have a location in California.Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! new at the forum. Considering the remus axle back exhaust system but have some concerns: is it really much better than tge stock or just a waste of money. And does anyone has the optional chrome tips? Any before/after image? I've read they are too hidden to be appreciated. Any sound clips and pictures are very welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Axle back gives you no wider breathing pipe so go with CAT back.

I had the Remus for a bit and it is probably one of the best for quality but it was marginally louder once the vehicle engine warms up. Probably good for most people but I wanted it to crackle and roar a bit more so took it off and went with the Madness Monza set up. No resonator, no mufflers. Its fine once the engine is warm but the cold start is real loud so careful if you live in a condo or close neighbours as they will hate it.

The Remus tips I loved, tucked in perfect and gave a great look in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not sure if this applies to all Stelvio models but I had the Forza module installed on our quad which offers the opportunity to lock the exhaust in either race or normal mode full time. Needless to say it has never been in normal mode since install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Axle back gives you no wider breathing pipe so go with CAT back.

I had the Remus for a bit and it is probably one of the best for quality but it was marginally louder once the vehicle engine warms up. Probably good for most people but I wanted it to crackle and roar a bit more so took it off and went with the Madness Monza set up. No resonator, no mufflers. Its fine once the engine is warm but the cold start is real loud so careful if you live in a condo or close neighbours as they will hate it.

The Remus tips I loved, tucked in perfect and gave a great look in my opinion.
Yeah, I know the cat back would be better but I live
in Portugal and the cat back is not EU homologated, so, not an option for me. Still, is the axle back sound decent?...

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Remus did give it a great sound on the cold start. Nice rumble, not too loud.

When its warm engine its a little bit noticeable, more if you of course accelerate it hard or manual shift and bring the revs up.

I would say like 10% louder maybe. I could be wrong there.

It was for sure not at all like their you tube video of the car on the snow in the mountains. Its a little louder in the cabin not alot.

For sure it has no drone of any type in the cabin.

It is a high quality system, was just way too tame for me.

The Madness is only real loud at start up, when the engine warms up it is fine with that slight rumble on the highway and crackles nice on hard acceleration

1 - 14 of 14 Posts