Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Interesting, I did notice in their store categories on the left, Alfa Romeo is not listed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally got word from my local AR dealer that CarPlay is being shipped on their next order of vehicles while existing Stelvios can have the CarPlay activated for $200. So maybe this unit might not be worth it? Still cool though

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got word from my local AR dealer that CarPlay is being shipped on their next order of vehicles while existing Stelvios can have the CarPlay activated for $200. So maybe this unit might not be worth it? Still cool though
It will be interesting if this turns out to be the case. Worth $200, although in my 911, which has Car Play, I stopped using it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I sent them an email and asked if their product would work on a 18 Stelvio. Their reply was two words “not yet”, no other information other than that.
It’s really sounding like a software licensing issue between Alfa and Apple but that doesn’t make complete sense since Gulia has it...but looks like hardware is there and something is holding back the software for Alfa and this aftermarket thing...hmmm

Maybe they are holding back to clear non car play inventory?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Just joined and reading the forum for the issue of ACPlay... I was told it had it .. it didn't, my iPhone is not being recognised hense I'm pissed 'hello 2018" Alfa!!! I called HQ and got yada from them, I should contact service for assistance.... NOT.... HQ opened a case to investigate...(may they should Mueller to put this on his agenda too)... HQ claims that there is a software fix for the guilo but nothing for the Stelvio?... What, What... same **** guys, try it that all I asked then provide it for those who suffered with buying a $55K fully equipped Stelvio that doesn't communicate with iPhone... WTF were they thinking...

Reason I'm responding is hopefully all reading and have NEWS will pass it along.... I'm fighting the fight... I'll do the same... Good luck and hope to hear back...
Ray

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hi Just joined and reading the forum for the issue of ACPlay... I was told it had it .. it didn't, my iPhone is not being recognised hense I'm pissed 'hello 2018" Alfa!!! I called HQ and got yada from them, I should contact service for assistance.... NOT.... HQ opened a case to investigate...(may they should Mueller to put this on his agenda too)... HQ claims that there is a software fix for the guilo but nothing for the Stelvio?... What, What... same **** guys, try it that all I asked then provide it for those who suffered with buying a $55K fully equipped Stelvio that doesn't communicate with iPhone... WTF were they thinking...

Reason I'm responding is hopefully all reading and have NEWS will pass it along.... I'm fighting the fight... I'll do the same... Good luck and hope to hear back...
Ray
This has been an ongoing issue as you can see. I have not seen anywhere that AR has given an honest answer to the questions on Apple Car Play/Android Auto.

I will mention, and you may already be aware and if so, sorry about that. On an iPhone go to settings, than Bluetooth, see Alfa Connect and click on the “i” icon after it and turn on “show notification”. This will activate your iPhone to interact with the infotainment center to give notifications of an incoming text message. You can read it or have the infotainment center read the text message on the car speakers. There are canned responses the infotainment center has, but in the cases I am aware of, you would get an error stating your phone is not capable of sending text messages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not true!! Just spoke with Wanda, (Brand Ambassador) for AR and she told me that any Stelvio made before December/17 will not have the capability of a retrofit as of today!! ALSO the module necessary for the Giulia will not be compatible with the Stelvio. I have my car for 10 days and requested the dealership to exchange it. I highly doubt that they will accommodate my request, but it doesn't hurt to ask. My brother has the 2018 Giulia and the CA/AA works great. Too bad for me and all those who are in this predicament!! I also spoke to my aftermarket audio guy and they are not sure if NAV TOOL will work with the Stelvio. I am waiting for an answer from NAV TOOL customer service. Hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
i got the usb installed but the dealer could not update my software. please let me know when your dealer can do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got the usb installed but the dealer could not update my software. please let me know when your dealer can do so.
Can you let me know which year model is your stelvio? Coz mine is 2018 year model and does not have carplay listed on my window sticker, i was wondering if there is any chance to get it installed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you let me know which year model is your stelvio? Coz mine is 2018 year model and does not have carplay listed on my window sticker, i was wondering if there is any chance to get it installed.
I have Stelvio TI 2018. However, it is the software that Alfa Romeo will not update on my Stelvio because my car was created 10/17. That is would normally be the next step.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Stelvio TI 2018. However, it is the software that Alfa Romeo will not update on my Stelvio because my car was created 10/17. That is would normally be the next step.

Even my car is 2018 base sport pack manufactured before nov 2017 so the alfa guys told me they cannot install carplay. So i was wondering if there is any chance of getting the carplayinstalled on the factory radio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts