Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one uses most/all of the throttle to pass someone, does the A/C compressor turn off during that time? I realize the fan would still blow cold/cool air for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Good question: is the compressor electrically driven or belt driven? All modern cars with belt drive dump the a/c under full power to send more to the wheels. But the stop-start would keep the chiller running at stop if electric and that is the trend to reduce engine load. Here's a thread from Giulia: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/393-interior/9970-air-conditioning.html#/topics/9970?page=1

So far the HVAC system is the best of any car I've ever owned with flexibility for fresh air ventilation, generous fan volume (quiet too), and versatility if you bother to learn and understand the setting options.

But no info- belt drive or electric compressor anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think it happened with me because many times when I throttled up to pass some car nothing happens or my blower did not stop my ac fan, but if anyone facing some issue then they should be done the required ac repair of their car ac.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
the hvac, is an intelligent and dynamic hvac, like the alternator. in case of max acceleration or max power request this 2 dynamic systems don't stop their functionality, the power lost is very little in this 2 componet, the torque is really great on 2.0 turbo and 2.9 turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts