Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was checking out my Chase credit card auto rental benefits and then I saw this. LOL.
Chase policy hasn’t been updated in a while looks like ...I bet Alfa was concidered exotic up untill 2017 when they began selling it again in the US. But what do I know? Lol...I would like to think of my Stelvio as exotic however it’s becoming more and more common in my area and on avarage I see at least one new/different Alfa a week now....I have a feeling in 2 years time it will become just as common as Lexus RX.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
probably written with 8c and maybe 4c in mind - I have rented Alfa's in europe twice and confirmed they were covered as regular cars first - because they were, by $ and design.
can't remember if I used the chase card, but I probably called a couple cards to check the details of their coverage, because the boss insists I do stuff like that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wonder if FCA wants the Alfa Romeo brand to be considered an exotic vehicle. I think they might given FCA owns Maserati represnting the more common end of the exotic vehicle range (price wise). Alfa Romeo could represent the more affordable exotic vehicle level since it really doesn't fit into the Fiat category. I was watching the TV show "Billions" on Showtime this past Sunday. At the beginning of the show rich capital managers were arriving at an event in their exotic cars such as McClaren, Porsche, Aston Martin and Bentley. Last but not least was Maggie Siff arriving in her black Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Who was responsible for placing the Stelvio in that scene, FCA or Showtime?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Allstate Insurance jacked my rate up after 6 months of coverage since they deemed the Stelvio an "exotic car." Really? I thought that was hilarious.
I went with AAA and saved $1000.00.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Chase policy hasn’t been updated in a while looks like ...I bet Alfa was concidered exotic up untill 2017 when they began selling it again in the US. But what do I know? Lol...I would like to think of my Stelvio as exotic however it’s becoming more and more common in my area and on avarage I see at least one new/different Alfa a week now....I have a feeling in 2 years time it will become just as common as Lexus RX.
I live in Brooklyn and drive daily through the boroughs including Long Island. In my month of ownership I have seen 2 Alfas(one each Stelvio and Guilia)on the road. These cars are still pretty rare, and I don't think you will ever see them on the road in Lexus numbers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I live in Brooklyn and drive daily through the boroughs including Long Island. In my month of ownership I have seen 2 Alfas(one each Stelvio and Guilia)on the road. These cars are still pretty rare, and I don't think you will ever see them on the road in Lexus numbers.
Maybe u right and I am wrong but interesting fact: when I first signed up to this forum in February - it hardly had 200 members...I am pleased to say we are in 600s now if not more - so 100 members/owners a month at least!!:)) I was also the first in aprox 40 block radius with the Stelvio in my area...4 months passes and there are 4 of us “neighbors” now. I drive all arround Georgetown, Mill Basin Sheapshead bay, Bensonhurst etc...and always see at least one Alfa on a way or on a way back. I feel the leasing deals are so good now the car is hard to pass up!!

Ps: it is possible of coarse that I keep passing all same cars and they me lmao....we gotta get some kind of a sticker or an artifact to recognize one another on a road;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Allstate Insurance jacked my rate up after 6 months of coverage since they deemed the Stelvio an "exotic car." Really? I thought that was hilarious.
I went with AAA and saved $1000.00.
Interesting, I have Allstate and my renewal it went up $30.00 for 6 months.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Exotic NO! Desirable YES

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pretty funny.....
I would agree that this clause probably applied to the likes of the 4C - but now that Alfa is making mainstream sedans and SUV's that will change.

Not sure if you saw the recent story on CNN about things not looking good for Chrysler and Dodge. Would not surprise me to see Alfa Romeo become the luxury arm of the FCA family (akin to Acura, Lexus, Infiniti); while the Chrysler 300 may be a near-luxury vehicle, I would think the Alfa Romeo brand name carries much more cache than Chrysler, therefore able to sell at more profitable price points. With Ford nearly eliminating all cars, would not surprise me to see FCA make an equally bold move; they need to focus on profit makers like Jeep and Dodge Ram trucks, and luxury tier vehicles like Alfa.

·
Registered
381 Posts
it's a matter of time...

Interesting, I have Allstate and my renewal it went up $30.00 for 6 months.
Just wait and see.

My initial increase with Allstate was about $140.00 more per year. I was driving a Land Rover Evoque at the time. I made sure about the insurance cost before buying my Stelvio last year.

Then later when I got another bill, I noticed the huge increase and explanation from Allstate about the Stelvio now being categorized as an "exotic car."

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you rims come in black or are they painted?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Alfa Romeo's are exotic to insurance companies because of the difficulty in getting repair parts...maybe?

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Fortunately not for USAA. Shop for another insurance company.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s exotic because it’s still not that common, but I’m seeing more and more of them on the road. People I interact assume it’s much more expensive than it is. I feel Alfa carries at least as much brand sizzle as Lexus, Infinity, and sub six figure MB’s and BMW’s.

On a side note, GEICO dropped me completely, blaming an accident I had three years ago. I moved over to progressive, but I’m paying $600 per 6 month policy period more than I did for my last car, a 2015 VW GTI.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts