Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
Well...it makes them look uncertain/weak, so much drama surrounding Fiat and Alfa Romeo. Stellantis is treating both like a "ball and chain" while talking them up with BS stories almost constantly. Embarrassing for Alfa. Wasnt this supposed to be the high volume car for Alfa?

· Registered
352 Posts
It seems counter productive, stripping options off the very few products they offer is just plain stupid.
They threw Alfa to the curb for the sake of almighty Dodge.
So the copycat gets all the goodies. Although we only heard of the Hornet few months ago but already stole the show...
Like many others was excited about the 2.0 so its a let down..

· Registered
352 Posts
They didn’t add previous options as standard on the QV models. I understand all about reducing complexity and driving down unit costs. I also know you don’t sell a $95,000 dollar vehicle with identical interior to a $50,000 vehicle which is exactly what these morons did. The extrema model even has contrast stitching so that throws the “complexity” argument out the window. If not for my love of the brand I wouldn’t have bought my third Alfa and second QV. Maybe I’m the moron. If your selling a $95,000 vehicle ya better have some options especially when it’s your most expensive model. The folks running stallantis, Chrysler, Peugeot, Maserati and whatever other brand that was circling the drain have no record of long term success. Disgusted watching them erode the value proposition of Alfa. Sorry, very frustrated as I love this brand. Manufacturers like Porsche, lotus, Ferrari, hell even dodge offer a dizzying array of options and yet somehow they manage to produce cars. I refuse to believe they wouldn’t make money charging me $500 for yellow calipers which I’d gladly pay even though caliper colors were a free option before. Yet another rant on my part. Maybe I need Alfa counseling. Lol. Maybe it’s because my winter wheels haven’t come in so my gal spends all her time in the garage on a battery tender. Maybe my shoes are to tight or my heart is 10 times to small. Cheers
If you watched the USA -WALES game.. that might have added to the frustration...?

· Registered
352 Posts
“Alfa deserves to be above Porsche in the Auto world”

Honestly, no.

The Alfa brand is certainly deserving of WAY more recognition than it gets because the current products are excellent, but it’s not Porsche. Not even close.

Unfortunately, ineptitude over prior decades has kinda put a bad vibe to the Alfa brand. It will take time to fix and a wider range of products to get more Alfas on the road, even if some are not up to the standards of Giulia and Stelvio.

Porsche survived some dark times only because they lowered themselves to enter a couple SUV markets to the horror of Porsche purists. That SUV money paid for ongoing sports car development and furthered the brand’s reputation and legendary status.

We love our current Alfas because we’re a bunch of motor heads who are really into driving and recognize the excellence of the Giulia and Stelvio. We are also a very tiny minority of buyers.

The Tonale will help, even though it’s not as unique as the Stelvio/Giulia. It’s a baby step towards volume and brand recognition.
I wouldnt hold my breath..
So stripping the Tonale off the engine that probably would have helped move more vehicles is for the better? I love your optimism but to me what Stelantis is doing looks like a s..t show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts