1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiat of McKinney
Avoid this stealership!

FIAT & Alfa Romeo Dealer Near Allen TX | Alfa Romeo FIAT of McKinney

We got a new Alfa Romeo there at the end of July. Couldn't be happier with the car and the initial process was painless but that's where it ends. We traded in an Infiniti that we still owed on and we started getting collection calls from Infiniti finance in October! Come to find out, they never paid the car off. MANY aggravating phone calls and 2 weeks later, they finally paid the car off. Customer service and the GM were next to worthless on this. Now, I have a hit on my credit because of thier slow pay. I'm working to resolve this now but this stealership clearly knows nothing about service recovery. I wish I had looked at reviews before this process as it appears they have a habit of doing this. Thier reviews are horrible!

Avoid this dealership!

·
Registered
536 Posts
you should be able to write a dispute to the credit agencies dealing with what happened and it'll probably get removed from your record. I had instance like this happen many years ago with an apt. I lived in.

I got in the habit whenever trading in a car to check to make sure it was paid off by the dealer. amazingly I've never had an issue and all the dealers paid off rapidly. For them to take that long to payoff your car is inexcusable.

Fiat of McKinney
Avoid this stealership!

FIAT & Alfa Romeo Dealer Near Allen TX | Alfa Romeo FIAT of McKinney

We got a new Alfa Romeo there at the end of July. Couldn't be happier with the car and the initial process was painless but that's where it ends. We traded in an Infiniti that we still owed on and we started getting collection calls from Infiniti finance in October! Come to find out, they never paid the car off. MANY aggravating phone calls and 2 weeks later, they finally paid the car off. Customer service and the GM were next to worthless on this. Now, I have a hit on my credit because of thier slow pay. I'm working to resolve this now but this stealership clearly knows nothing about service recovery. I wish I had looked at reviews before this process as it appears they have a habit of doing this. Thier reviews are horrible!

Avoid this dealership!

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Lots of reasons why this could happen- missing or incorrect paperwork, Infiniti could have been slow to process, missed signature, incorrectly signed title, Lost title, etc. Sucks but it happens + you should be able to get it corrected. Not necessarily bad action on their end. I have seen buyers avoid corrections and fail to cooperate in an antagonistic way (not you) when something needs fixed or mistake in contract. Things happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These guys do seem a bit shady. I put a $1000 deposit down for them to do a dealer trade for a car they did not have on their lot. Gave me the run around for a week to get my $1000 back. Not a big deal that they could not get the other dealer to trade with them, the issue is I had to ask for my money 5 times and eventually drive to the dealer to make them show me the issued the refund. It put such a bad taste in my mouth I ended up buying from a dealer an hour away when these guys are 10 minutes from me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Their service department is great but their admin/finance department is HORRIBLE. I didn't buy my car there, but was offered a windshield warranty when I took my car in for a recall. They said it covered replacement when in fact it did not.

It took me 2 months to get a refund from them, after more than a dozen calls. I finally was given the email address of their corporate group and it was handled quickly. The local manager and finance guy are awful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a very similar experience. Took two months for them to pay off my trade. Four months to process my tag and title paperwork and they only did that after I had my attorney send them a demand letter. I have an open case with the Texas DMV and the investigator has repeatedly told me that his main goal is to revoke their license and put them out of business. He told me he had over 20 open cases on them. I was also contacted by a news station who wanted to do a story but last minute backed out.

The dealership is owned by KamKad Automotive Holdings Group. In the midst of running the Alfa dealership into the ground, they are actively acquiring other dealerships. Looks to me like they are using the money from peoples trades to float those purchases but who knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are still accepting service appointments. They have no one to service Alfa's.
Stay away from the Dallas dealer. Same owner.

Contact Essence Alfa Romeo in Hurst instead. John, Evan and the crew are great! Just had my free first oil change their Friday. Best service experience ever!
If you did purchase your Alfa from McKinney, you may want to call Alfa customer service soon.
I found out the first free oil change was not "attached" to my purchase. They attached it. No issues. If you do not have the attachment, expect to pay close to $500 for the oil change. (Stelvio Quad)

·
Registered
179 Posts
not sure you can blame AR for a dealership that are clearly crooks and have issues. And the process of revoking dealership is not easy from my understanding.
Definitely can't blame them. Too many others things to blame Alfa for. I would assume their Dallas location may be closed also. If that is true it will be weird to think there will only be two Alfa dealers in a metroplex of around 8,000,000. I'm sure someone will step up fairly quickly.

How hard is it to get a dealer? Not that I would have the knowledge or financial ability... But I do know people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seeing chatter on the "McKinney Cares" Facebook Page that Alfa McKinney has closed. Anyone else hearing this?
News confirmed on Fox 4.
On Your Side: Fiat-Chrysler helping with complaints about North Texas dealership - Story | KDFW

Unfortunately, it will probably cost me more to get my plates now, but at least they are closed. Note that the service side was open as of Tuesday (when I visited to check on things). They claim they are a different company. I could never get out of them what company they were however.

·
Registered
179 Posts
News confirmed on Fox 4.
On Your Side: Fiat-Chrysler helping with complaints about North Texas dealership - Story | KDFW

Unfortunately, it will probably cost me more to get my plates now, but at least they are closed. Note that the service side was open as of Tuesday (when I visited to check on things). They claim they are a different company. I could never get out of them what company they were however.
I'm sure they are a different company, but most likely under Kamkad. I would set up every facet of my business under a different corporation, but that's the lawyer in me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sadly I'm sure there were some good employees there just trying to support their families. Now, much more difficult for them because of poor management and business practice.

I was able to eventually get a letter from this dealership stating they accepted responsibility for the issue and all negative marks on my credit have been removed. It was a pain in the butt!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts