Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows where to buy an Alfa Romeo jack or an adapter?

I'm sure a regular scissor jack would not work with the plastic cube thing with a center hole.

·
Registered
53 Posts
maybe the car is compliant with car jack only if you order or buy a Stelvio with the flat tyre option.
Anything come of this ? If I get a flat on a long trip and want to use my floor jack, where do I lift? Will those plastic square jack pads obviously crush?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
Anything come of this ? If I get a flat on a long trip and want to use my floor jack, where do I lift? Will those plastic square jack pads obviously crush?
Actually had Alfa tech at dealer take off a wheel for me to test out a spare tire kit I bought online. He used a floor jack with a round pad (maybe 4 inches in diameter give or take). He just placed it under the piece you’re referring to and lifted it off the ground.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
103 Posts
This is the scissor jack i bought, mainly for the nice round pad. Fits nicely under the rear floor. Have not had to use it yet though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought a set of "butt plugs" intended for a tesla. It's basically a hard plastic/rubber disk the size of a hockey puck with a center "stub" that fits the jack point under the alfa. It has just enough "squish" so it won't slip out when the floor jack crawls. Works great. I keep the set in the vehicle if anyone else needs to jack it up. The link below is expired, but there are tons of alternatives out there.

jack-pad

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
This is the scissor jack i bought, mainly for the nice round pad. Fits nicely under the rear floor. Have not had to use it yet though.
I would recommend checking out how it fits under the jacking block before you end up actually needing it. The “Pin” on the factory jack is designed to fit inside the jacking blocks under the car. It’s design prevents slipping and therefore maintains even contact area on the blocks. If yours fits the block hole, great!

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
I bought a set of "butt plugs" intended for a tesla. It's basically a hard plastic/rubber disk the size of a hockey puck with a center "stub" that fits the jack point under the alfa. It has just enough "squish" so it won't slip out when the floor jack crawls. Works great. I keep the set in the vehicle if anyone else needs to jack it up. The link below is expired, but there are tons of alternatives out there.

jack-pad
Something like this?:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok this is great - yes can you confirm they (above) would work with any basic floor jack (like my ac hydraulic 4400lber)?

·
478 Posts
Ok this is great - yes can you confirm they (above) would work with any basic floor jack (like my ac hydraulic 4400lber)?
I use my floor jack without the pads and it works OK. Just make sure the jack is properly positioned under the jacking points. I use it for changing tires and for oil changes.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
I use my floor jack without the pads and it works OK. Just make sure the jack is properly positioned under the jacking points. I use it for changing tires and for oil changes.
Yeah, floor jacks aren’t an issue so much. It’s the scissor jack for emergency road use that it’s important to have the proper contact point or pad to safely lift the vehicle. That’s where these pads or pucks can be valuable.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
103 Posts
Ok, made me actually crawl around on the garage floor to get a closer look. Front and rear jack blocks are hard plastic with hole in center as previously mentioned. Now see where a Alfa specific jack with center pin would be best. But any jack with a flat pad would also work fine, as long as it is used properly. These pads make jack position almost fool proof, but i am some mechanic will screw it up.
Rear1.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
Ok, made me actually crawl around on the garage floor to get a closer look. Front and rear jack blocks are hard plastic with hole in center as previously mentioned. Now see where a Alfa specific jack with center pin would be best. But any jack with a flat pad would also work fine, as long as it is used properly. These pads make jack position almost fool proof, but i am some mechanic will screw it up.
View attachment 19797
Will the jack you purchased work with this?

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
103 Posts
Any jack with a flat pad should work. The one i bought has a 3" risor for the pad but it is not needed due to the stelvio sitting fairly low to the ground. And I use a socket wrench with extension to operate the jack as i think it works better than the wrench it comes with. So i can say that it works but is fairly cheap looking like all the ones i have seen. If someone locates a heavy duty scissor jack with a flat pad let us know.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
Any jack with a flat pad should work. The one i bought has a 3" risor for the pad but it is not needed due to the stelvio sitting fairly low to the ground. And I use a socket wrench with extension to operate the jack as i think it works better than the wrench it comes with. So i can say that it works but is fairly cheap looking like all the ones i have seen. If someone locates a heavy duty scissor jack with a flat pad let us know.
So the top pad that is on your scissor jack is large enough to support the full surface area of the block when jacking then? The Amazon listing doesn’t indicate the diameter of the top pad of the jack.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
103 Posts
Yes, almost exactly the same size as the pad. Don't like that they are also a hard plastic as well. Would prefer a grippy rubber compound. Was thinking that if i could attach the pads that "My Beautiful Stelvio" posted above, it would be the perfect solution.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
159 Posts
Yes, almost exactly the same size as the pad. Don't like that they are also a hard plastic as well. Would prefer a grippy rubber compound. Was thinking that if i could attach the pads that "My Beautiful Stelvio" posted above, it would be the perfect solution.
Thank you. Yes. I think that would probably work. Glad you checked everything all out before an emergency!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts