Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Upgrade your restrictive factory exhaust with our new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Exhaust Systems.

Not satisfied with the muffled stock exhaust sound? Want more performance? Want a more refined and tuned exhaust note without being too loud?

This exhaust is for you!

We have two different systems for the Stelvio. The first one is our Lusso system which still retains a resonator for a more mild exhaust note. Next is our Monza system which has no muffler or resonator of any kind allowing it to produce a much louder and aggressive exhaust note.

More information and pricing can be found on our website

Monza Exhaust System
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa%20Romeo-Stelvio/alfa-romeo-stelvio-20l-performance-exhaust-by-madness-monza-dual-side-exit-pid7257

Lusso Exhaust System
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...haust-by-madness-lusso-dual-side-exit-pid7254

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have before and after Dyno test to see how much perfomance gain?

Thanks you.

Flavio

Dyno tests are not high on our list of priorities right now. At some point, we will but we have other products in the pipeline that require our attention. An exhaust mod on these cars won't net you the kind of gains you used to see before all the electronics came into play. Now a day, if you want any real horsepower increases you need to do some electronic tuning. Either through an ECU flash or a piggyback system like our MAXPower.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Dyno tests are not high on our list of priorities right now. At some point, we will but we have other products in the pipeline that require our attention. An exhaust mod on these cars won't net you the kind of gains you used to see before all the electronics came into play. Now a day, if you want any real horsepower increases you need to do some electronic tuning. Either through an ECU flash or a piggyback system like our MAXPower.
I only asked because I read and heard on the video about power gain. And I got curious.
Thats why I asked.
I perfectly know that real gain are with chip/ecu tuning. :wink

Can you say how much weight loss is gain with that exhaust mod?
What is the inside diameter of tubing? And in compare to the original OEM Alfa diameter?

Thank you

Flavio

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ID on our systems is 2.5" mandrel bent straight through. OEM fluctuates but generally hovers around the same 2.5". Some places smaller and some places larger.

Our system weighs ~36lbs, the factory system is substantially heavier with the muffler and resonator. We have not put a factory system on a scale simply due to the size but an exhaust system like the ones found in these cars can easily weigh close to 100lbs.

We choose the 2.5" because it would not restrict the flow out of the 2.0L and generate more of a tuned European growl rather than something deeper. It also helps to cut down on drone and unwanted or excess noise.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a shame, I was hoping it would be more.

·
Registered
2020 Ti Sport Q4 - Visconti Verde
71 Posts
Hello @MADNESS Autoworks ! I called and spoke to sales department today about upgrading exhaust to the Lusso for my 2020 Ti Sport. I believe I was speaking with Art (or Bart). It seems like the Lusso is the exhaust for me, but I was left with additional questions after talking about exhaust tips and cabin noise. I would like to use the Lusso exhaust and retain my factory tips. Does the Lusso exhaust fit into the OEM Nero tips, or does it end just before it reaches the OEM tips, effectively making the point of exhaust under the rear bumper? As it was explained to me over the phone, I would need to get different tips and have them tac welded onto the Lusso exhaust in order for the the system to completely reach the rear of the car like the OEM exhaust does. Is that just to further reduce cabin noise? Have I misunderstood this (I hope yes)? Does the Lusso exhaust pipe sit inside the existing OEM tips if I coose to retain those as opposed to welding aftermarket tips on? Thanks for the clarification guys! Can't wait to get this thing on my car already!

A photo of the factory exhaust tips showing how far out the Lusso pipe comes out would be a huge help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @MADNESS Autoworks ! I called and spoke to sales department today about upgrading exhaust to the Lusso for my 2020 Ti Sport. I believe I was speaking with Art (or Bart). It seems like the Lusso is the exhaust for me, but I was left with additional questions after talking about exhaust tips and cabin noise. I would like to use the Lusso exhaust and retain my factory tips. Does the Lusso exhaust fit into the OEM Nero tips, or does it end just before it reaches the OEM tips, effectively making the point of exhaust under the rear bumper? As it was explained to me over the phone, I would need to get different tips and have them tac welded onto the Lusso exhaust in order for the the system to completely reach the rear of the car like the OEM exhaust does. Is that just to further reduce cabin noise? Have I misunderstood this (I hope yes)? Does the Lusso exhaust pipe sit inside the existing OEM tips if I coose to retain those as opposed to welding aftermarket tips on? Thanks for the clarification guys! Can't wait to get this thing on my car already!

A photo of the factory exhaust tips showing how far out the Lusso pipe comes out would be a huge help!
I have the Lusso exhaust on my TI Sport. The exhaust fits inside the factory tips the same as the stock exhaust.
Sounds really good, not loud but you can hear it. To me it sounds as it should have come from the factory.
Very easy to install if you are the DIY type.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Lusso exhaust on my TI Sport. The exhaust fits inside the factory tips the same as the stock exhaust.
Sounds really good, not loud but you can hear it. To me it sounds as it should have come from the factory.
Awesome! I am definitely able to do this install. Thanks for your feedback. Truly appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you say, "not loud," that's not to say it is not louder than stock, correct? I need more noise in the cabin than stock so I can know when to shift when using paddles.

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hello Benfatto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The MADNESS Lusso Exhaust System is designed to use the factory tips, similar to the factory exhaust.

I just stepped out and took a picture inside the tip of our Shop Manager's Stelvio. (Sorry it's dirty, it is his daily driver)

Hopefully this and Highlander's response has helped clear everything up for you.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Benfatto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The MADNESS Lusso Exhaust System is designed to use the factory tips, similar to the factory exhaust.

I just stepped out and took a picture inside the tip of our Shop Manager's Stelvio. (Sorry it's dirty, it is his daily driver)

Hopefully this and Highlander's response has helped clear everything up for you.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you again.
That's great! I will call in next week to place my order.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts