Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much louder is it inside now that it is straight piped?

There's a alight humming when your accelerating, and I don't know if this is a thing but the turbo seems to be louder when it spools during low acceleration. Since the engine is a 2.0T 4 cylinder with not so high rev limit. You hear the exhaust really come to life in dynamic manual mode 2-3 gear flooring it to redline. But other than that it's not really too obnoxious.

·
Registered
179 Posts
any issues with warranty voiding?
It is nearly impossible to void a warranty because of exhaust. So few things that can break from it. If you are worried, make sure you keep a Bolton exhaust and swap them out prior to service. Of course that is hard to do if you are stranded and the car gets towed straight to the dealer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There's a alight humming when your accelerating, and I don't know if this is a thing but the turbo seems to be louder when it spools during low acceleration. Since the engine is a 2.0T 4 cylinder with not so high rev limit. You hear the exhaust really come to life in dynamic manual mode 2-3 gear flooring it to redline. But other than that it's not really too obnoxious.
my Last straight pipe experiment was really loud inside the cockpit. People wouldn’t ride with me. Different brand of car and I had a bigger turbo installed, free flow downpipe, and plenty of our changes along with an aggressive tune adding to the noise. So if I had only done the exhaust llufe May have not been as loud.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
any issues with warranty voiding?

The install was a straight bolt on. Mechanic removes the OEM exhaust and bolts on the Remus. It's not really straight piped as a previous poster referred. It's mainly just the muffler. The Remus muffler is smaller than the OEM one which is why I would assume it sounds louder and raspier.

PS - I think this Remus exhaust is the sport version and not the race. It's not that loud. On my F25 X3 I have a Remus race exhaust and it is very very loud. Sports mode downshifting you hear the crackle and pops. This Stelvio Remus Exhaust is a bit louder and deeper than stock, but nothing too crazy.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You notice a much deeper tone esp at start up. Sounds much less 4 banger now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but @lilstelvio516, did you get the Remus axleback or the full catback? I am looking to throw on the axleback, but just want make sure it is worth the money in getting some deeper sounds and hopefully some crackles when downshifting, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It is not straight pipes and the best benefit is from the catback as that is the section that has the constricition. Easiest piece to replace also. The can is a few lbs lighter and ~30% smaller, but with larger diameters in and out. Its only a few db louder but as you hear, much deeper and more harmonic. It is, as the tune, a "better" stock unit. You want loud, go straight pipes. many sources not rocket science so buy by price/prettiness of welds. Tubing diameter is key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for the additional info. Would you say it's worth the price for just the axleback? I guess you can always add the full catback later. I am in a lease...but miss the rumble of my boxer engine...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but @lilstelvio516, did you get the Remus axleback or the full catback? I am looking to throw on the axleback, but just want make sure it is worth the money in getting some deeper sounds and hopefully some crackles when downshifting, etc. Thanks.
I have the axel back (muffler only), I bought it from a fellow forum member, but now I am looking to buy the remus midpipe to make it the full cat back version. It sounds so much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts