Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marchettino uploaded a POV video of him test driving the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. The suspension doesn't look as smooth as expected, but that could be attributed to the road of him shifting in general.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Under those road conditions, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio handled very well and it's exhaust notes sounds great. The Youtuber did mention that compared to the Maserati Levante, the Stelvio should have better drive dynamics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Love that interior. The red sets everything off so nicely, but it's not overpowering. I think it handled exceptionally in those conditions though, look at how aggressive he kept the rpms and what his throttle modulation was like and it held beautifully going around bends.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He kept the stelvio at around 3500-4000 when tackling the bends. I'm sure the tires plays a large part when it comes to winter traction, but so does the vehicle's drive dynamics, 4WD system and brakes. That's a lot faster than what I'm comfortable with on snow and ice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's also a big thing, tires. Overall he was a lot more into it than I would be in those conditions. I play it real safe when in snowy/icy weather. Even if I know the vehicle is capable of dealing with it, I proceed with caution.

·
Registered
205 Posts
He kept the stelvio at around 3500-4000 when tackling the bends. I'm sure the tires plays a large part when it comes to winter traction, but so does the vehicle's drive dynamics, 4WD system and brakes. That's a lot faster than what I'm comfortable with on snow and ice.
That has me thinking that even with good winter tires we'll still have some wheel slippage but only if we really try, but under any normal winter driving habits we should be in the clear. Personally I want that slippage but only intentional, when I really try. Need to get sideways with this sometimes :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts