Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Select EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) markets will be getting two new engine options for the new Alfa Romeo Stelvio; a 2.0-liter petrol turbocharged four-cylinder and an all-aluminum 2.2-liter four-cylinder diesel engine.

According to Carscoops, the new diesel engine will send 177 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission. With this engine, the Stelvio will be able to accelerate from 0 to 62 mph in 7.6 seconds and it has a top speed of 130 mph. Not bad for a 1,604 kg SUV that emits 124 g/km of CO2 and has a fuel sipping rating of 50.05 mpg.

With a bit more power at 197 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque, the 2.0-liter turbo can rocket from 0 to 62 mph in 7.2 seconds. Coupled with the Q4 all-wheel drive system and 8-speed automatic transmission, this variant has a top speed of 134 mph.

Not only is Alfa Romeo offering two more engine options, the Stelvio will also be getting some new optional interior features including chocolate colored interior upholstery and a sports interior package that tacks on aluminum dash inserts, black seat piping, a leather steering wheel and heated sports seats with driver memory.

Starting this week, the new engines and interior options will be available to buyers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why are these limited to EMEA only? I can see the diesel being less popular across the pond, but the 2.0-liter petrol engine seems like it could be a hit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Could be a problem with emissions control or import tariff with the States. We really won't know why Alfa Romeo is leaving some markets out of the release until a journalist asks them directly. On the bright side, North America is getting the 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbo I-4 engine which is more powerful than the EMEA one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
interesting enough, the Alfa Romeo style actually looks better on the Stelvio than it does the Giulia. I think it may be how well the triangle fits on a larger bumper with more height to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why are these limited to EMEA only? I can see the diesel being less popular across the pond, but the 2.0-liter petrol engine seems like it could be a hit.
As you don't see BMW or MB offer the 136hp 318i or the 129hp C160 in US you won't see Alfa offer the 200hp Giulia or Stelvio.

Could be a problem with emissions control or import tariff with the States. We really won't know why Alfa Romeo is leaving some markets out of the release until a journalist asks them directly. On the bright side, North America is getting the 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbo I-4 engine which is more powerful than the EMEA one.
That's not true, EMEA markets already get the 280hp 2.0-liter(which was the only available back in January) and a more powerful 210hp 2.2-liter diesel(late february) apart the two new less powerful engines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's not true, the 280hp 2.0-liter was the first engine to be available in EMEA markets back in January, a more powerful 210hp variant of the 2.2-liter diesel followed in late February.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
interesting enough, the Alfa Romeo style actually looks better on the Stelvio than it does the Giulia. I think it may be how well the triangle fits on a larger bumper with more height to it.
Some design languages are sensitive to proportions, the CLA is a good example, it look horrible. But once you get to cars like the C-Class thats where Mercedes starts to shine. Same thing here, except the Giulia still looks amazing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I disagree, I think the triangle is perfectly proportionate for both. The Giulia looks perfectly fine and it's kind of difficult to compare the sedan with the mid-size SUV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts