Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you looking to add a bit more power to the Stelvio and at the same time upgrade the restrictive factory paper air filter?

Look no further! BMC Air Filters is considered one of the best, if not THE very best Performance Air Filter Manufacturer in the world. They are an OEM Supplier to many high end car brands in Europe. Their Air Filters are used on many race vehicles all over the world due to their superior quality and filtration.

We stock a large selection of their filters and now stock their filters for the Stelvio. Below you will find some basic information on the filters along with direct product links that will go in to more details on the filters, their construction and how they compare to what else is available in the market place.

If you are looking for a safe way to give your Stelvio a little better breathing and safely increase the performance of the vehicle these are a great choice!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.9L V6

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/new-arrivals-cid2/alfa-romeo-stelvio-performance-air-filter-by-bmc-29l-v6-pid7312

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.0L Engine

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/new-arrivals-cid2/alfa-romeo-stelvio-performance-air-filter-by-bmc-20l-engine-pid7313

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you looking to add a bit more power to the Stelvio and at the same time upgrade the restrictive factory paper air filter?

Look no further! BMC Air Filters is considered one of the best, if not THE very best Performance Air Filter Manufacturer in the world. They are an OEM Supplier to many high end car brands in Europe. Their Air Filters are used on many race vehicles all over the world due to their superior quality and filtration.

We stock a large selection of their filters and now stock their filters for the Stelvio. Below you will find some basic information on the filters along with direct product links that will go in to more details on the filters, their construction and how they compare to what else is available in the market place.

If you are looking for a safe way to give your Stelvio a little better breathing and safely increase the performance of the vehicle these are a great choice!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.9L V6

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/new-arrivals-cid2/alfa-romeo-stelvio-performance-air-filter-by-bmc-29l-v6-pid7312

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.0L Engine

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Stelvio/start-shopping-cid1/new-arrivals-cid2/alfa-romeo-stelvio-performance-air-filter-by-bmc-20l-engine-pid7313
Literally the first purchase I made after getting my Stelvio. The BMC filter is a nice perfect and tight fit and easy to install. Now if only you guys could make a “How to install” video for the aftermarket exhaust...my main worry is taking off the stock chrome tips. Can it be done without taking the bumper off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you guys notice any difference in sound/performance after the swap? I know obviously that more substantive changes would come from a proper aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you guys notice any difference in sound/performance after the swap? I know obviously that more substantive changes would come from a proper aftermarket intake.

For me, it is hard to tell if there is a difference. It has just been a habit for me to swap out the factory filter with either a K&N or this BMC whenever I get new cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am still in the break-in period so I haven’t pushed the car too hard yet but just the savings from not having to get a new paper air filter again is worth the cost. Also this upgrade does not void the warranty. If you end up getting 5 hp more and 1 mpg more then that is a bonus. IMO.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
being that the turbo is forcing sufficient air through, the only time I expect you might notice a difference is before the turbo spools up - and that could be quite worthwhile.

·
Vendor
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being that the turbo is forcing sufficient air through, the only time I expect you might notice a difference is before the turbo spools up - and that could be quite worthwhile.
The inlet air flow is a little bit more noisy and spoof, yes, spoofffy

No more power
I am still in the break-in period so I haven’t pushed the car too hard yet but just the savings from not having to get a new paper air filter again is worth the cost. Also this upgrade does not void the warranty. If you end up getting 5 hp more and 1 mpg more then that is a bonus. IMO.
There is actually a documented improvement with the BMC filters installed

Let me know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts