Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo revealed the Stelvio prices and it starts at $41,995 in the U.S. plus $995 for destination charge. Sport package adds on $1,800.

The Stelvio Ti starts at $43,995 before destination and each of the Ti Sport/Ti Lusso package costs $2,500 more.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What do the packages come with?
All the information was in the URL provided, all you had to do was click and read:
The entry-level Stelvio will start at $41,995 in the U.S. plus $995 in the destination. Standard features on the crossover include a 280 horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission, Alfa’s DNA drive mode selector, 18-inch aluminum wheels, leather seating, bi-xenon headlamps, LED daytime running lights, a backup camera with parking sensors, remote start with passive entry and a power liftgate.
An available Sport Package for Stelvio models ($1,800 MSRP) adds 19-inch wheels, sport-tuned suspension, steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters, a sport flat-bottom steering wheel, aluminum interior trim, gloss-black window trim surround, black roof rails, aluminum sport pedals colored brake calipers.
Stepping up to the Stelvio Ti will raise the price to $43,995 before destination. Standard equipment on the Stelvio Ti includes the aforementioned features for the Stelvio along with standard 19-inch wheels, genuine wood interior trim, a 8.8-inch touchscreen, front park sensors, a heated steering wheel, heated seats and SiriusXM radio.
Available Ti Sport and Ti Lusso packages ($2,500 each) will allow customers to make the crossover either sportier or more luxurious. The Ti Sport packages adds 20-inch wheels, sport tuned-suspension, 12-way high performance leather seats, paddle shifters, a sport flat bottom steering wheel, gloss black window trim, black roof rails, aluminum pedals and colored brake calipers. The Ti Lusso package, which Alfa says will be available late this year, includes 19-inch wheels, 12-way power seats, luxury Italian leather seating, a leather-wrapped dash and upper door trim, genuine wood trim, a luxury steering wheel and aluminum pedals.
Both the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Stelvio Ti will go on sale this summer. Pricing for the 505 horsepower Stelvio Quadrifoglio will be announced at a later date.

Read more: Alfa Romeo Stelvio U.S. Pricing Announced

·
Registered
139 Posts
Didn't notice the hyperlink.

Seems like the Ti would be the lowest I would go with seeing as the heated steering wheel and seats are crucial

·
Registered
205 Posts
Didn't notice the hyperlink.

Seems like the Ti would be the lowest I would go with seeing as the heated steering wheel and seats are crucial
We should be seeing a lot of Ti trims getting sold, its an impulse buy, $2000 more on a vehicle like this and you get all that value with it? Sure why not.

But don't know if I can stop their, they priced it well for upsells. So far i'm leaning heavily towards Ti Sport.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Canadian prices have been released as well!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio: $52,995
Stelvio Ti: $54,995

These numbers exclude the $1,795 destination fee. There's still only a $2,000 difference between the trims so you may as well spring for the Ti model.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wouldn't even classify it as an impulse buy.

It's the value behind that extra $2k that you're getting which makes it almost crazy not to spring for it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Canadian prices have been released as well!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio: $52,995
Stelvio Ti: $54,995

These numbers exclude the $1,795 destination fee. There's still only a $2,000 difference between the trims so you may as well spring for the Ti model.
That destination fee seems about right for Canadian market. Macan owners in the U.S. were being charged around the $1000 mark. Alfa Romeo just better not get greedy like Porsche and aggressively raise this fee, its the last thing they need, even with strong sales.

·
Registered
149 Posts
But with premium brand dealerships, they may be willing to knock off certain fees to get your patronage, maybe even the full destination fee depending on your form of payment.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The way you choose to pay for it can really skew things in your favor. I've heard of one persons method of telling people that you pretend like you don't have all the money, get as much discounts as possible, then go in the next week and pay it all off. Never tried it before, but it was from some exotic car hacks guy (I know, not the best resource for information)

·
Registered
205 Posts
But with premium brand dealerships, they may be willing to knock off certain fees to get your patronage, maybe even the full destination fee depending on your form of payment.
All depends on how a car maker wants to roll out this stuff, if its not done on a corporate level then you can be sure dealers might use it to their advantage during this early growth phase for AR.

But with the Giulia's success, its a question of if they even need to give away things for free.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can't base everything just off of the Giulias success though as you can't just have one vehicle's sales representing the company as a whole.

·
Registered
149 Posts
With how popular the SUV segment is these days, the stelvio could sell more than the Giulia and Alfa Romeo dealerships probably would like to move a lot of them. If anything, there's always the option of waiting a while after the initial release.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thankfully because majority of everything has already been tested in the Giulia, waiting that 6-12 months to see the bugs isn't really necessary as much as it would be if it were brand new everything.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I've finally spotted an Alfa romeo Giulia at a vineyard recently and it's a beauty, but does bring to question how many has been sold if I'm only seeing one now and how many each dealership is allotted.

Second guessing if the Stelvio will be just a rare a sight as the Giulia.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lol a Giulia at a vineyard. Sounds like a match made in heaven right there, I hope you took a few photos!

So far though, I've only seen one Giulia since they've came out as well and it wasn't a QV either.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So I've finally spotted an Alfa romeo Giulia at a vineyard recently and it's a beauty, but does bring to question how many has been sold if I'm only seeing one now and how many each dealership is allotted.

Second guessing if the Stelvio will be just a rare a sight as the Giulia.
SUV/CUV sales are up a lot, and have been over the past few years. So that should play itself out with the Stelvio. Giulia is in a tough spot, as great of a 3-Series rival it is, still harder for people to consider it over the rivals. Stelvio will have an easier time.

I bet dealers know this and can't wait to start taking orders.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Stelvio will definitely stand out in the crowded SUV segment design wise. Everything else looks pretty generic to me these days, but this will be Alfa Romeo's first SUV so it'll turn heads and have people wondering what brand that is.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The amount of people that are unaware that Alfa Romeo still produces cars is pretty immense. But all they really have to do is generate that brand recognition and they'll be good to go. With the whole Giulia and 3-series thing, it's easy to see why people would be more hard pressed towards a brand that they're extremely familiar with and a brand that comes with a sense of social status.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Stelvio will definitely stand out in the crowded SUV segment design wise. Everything else looks pretty generic to me these days, but this will be Alfa Romeo's first SUV so it'll turn heads and have people wondering what brand that is.
and lets not forget the fact that Alfa can heavily play on Ferrari DNA, that gives them a big advantage because very soon high end brands like Ferrari are getting into SUV's.

this can be seen like the poor man's supercar DNA SUV.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts