Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not hold off the itch any longer so I traded in my Alfa Romeo
Grey Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Carbon for a Stelvio Quadrifoglio Trofeo!

I did it for 2 reasons:
  • 2 extra cylinders under the hood
  • 225 extra horses squeezed in
  • 2+ seconds faster to 60mph
  • 2 extra heartbeats getting to 60mph
  • 200 mph speedometer
  • 2 Quadrifoglio fender badges

My one of a kind Alfa Romeo Ti Sport Nero Carbon, only 2.2k miles... bye bye my love.

My new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Trofeo White... hello my new mistress!

How she looked in the showroom.

At her new home.

The Trofeo White Tri-Coat upgrade is to die for. The triple coat metallic
paint looks thick & amazing in all types of light - a white pearlescent sheen.

Green and White stitching brings out the Italian flair. Carbon Fiber interior,
just like my Ti Sport Carbon, and Black & Ice interior colors to top it off.

I drove it back to Long Island from Kentucky on the wide and flawless
Pennsylvania Turnpike and it was a blast! Race mode was sick and
the Dynamic mode isn't a slouch either that still offers a nice growl.

The itch has finally been scratched! Peace.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My favourite colour for Stelvio qv. Really shows off the design with black trim contrast. Especially the rear bumper painted strip at the bottom. Don’t think you can spot it in any other colour like in white.

That was my test drive and I couldn’t get it out of my head. black wheels are a must for this one and painted callipers are a must with dark wheels.
if you fancy a cheap upgrade - reweb seatbelts in green. It’s a factory option from My20 so will not look silly.

I see three white cars on the drive.You must be saving a fortune on paint chips repair kits :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats. Made the same move last year. Such a great car you wonder, how will I ever replace it.
I've had my share of nice cars in the past and I can definitely say that nothing
can really compare to the beauty of Alfa's Italian design and handling. Couple
that with an engine true to it's heritage and worth all the hype you might've read
or watched makes this car a no brainer for motorsports enthusiasts.

Past whips were...
Audi S4 - carbon fiber edition, compact, naturally aspirated V8, was my first love.
Audi S6 - naturally aspirated V10 (same in RS8), very quick, minimum growl.
Audi A8L W12 - naturally aspirated V12 (same in Bentley), very quick, super luxury.
BMW M5 Competition - twin turbo V8, beefy beast, very fast but electronics was quirky.
Porsche Macan S - V6 turbo, slightly quicker than the Ti Sport, but isn't as pretty & pricey.
Porsche Cayenne S - V8, heavy but solid, conservative look, super pricey, Ti Sport is quicker
Alfa Romeo Ti Sport - super fun twin turbo 4, 0-60 5.4 secs, my first Alfa & new love affair.

After 2K miles with the Ti Sport, had to have the Quadrifoglio ... so far my all time favorite.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My favourite colour for Stelvio qv. Really shows off the design with black trim contrast. Especially the rear bumper painted strip at the bottom. Don’t think you can spot it in any other colour like in white.

That was my test drive and I couldn’t get it out of my head. black wheels are a must for this one and painted callipers are a must with dark wheels.
if you fancy a cheap upgrade - reweb seatbelts in green. It’s a factory option from My20 so will not look silly.

I see three white cars on the drive. You must be saving a fortune on paint chips repair kits :)
Ha ha... yeah, car colors I prefer are metallics in white and greys.

The other 2 whips are the Genesis G70 3.3L Twin Turbo and a Genesis GV80 Advanced Plus.
Pound for pound, Genesis is extreme luxury quality, technology and performance for the price.
You'd be surprised how over the top the quality is. The Germans are taking notice!

Still prefer my Quad of course. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations. Very nice spec. Have also considered the upgrade from my 2.0, but, for me, Stelvio is almost exclusively a winter vehicle, so I’m torn vs a sports car, eg., new Vette or 991 911…you’re making this a tough decision…

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations. Very nice spec. Have also considered the upgrade from my 2.0, but, for me, Stelvio is almost exclusively a winter vehicle, so I’m torn vs a sports car, eg., new Vette or 991 911…you’re making this a tough decision…
The Stelvio is mainly a rear wheel bias car. No power is given towards
the front wheels unless the car detects slippage. You'll still enjoy some
G force during take offs, however nothing like a Dodge SRT Demon.
The acceleration is a more of a composed lateral G force that quickly
gets you on your way, very much like the Audi RS's with their Quattros.

Over the years I've become to enjoy driving on a higher plane, like in a
Truck (had a Lincoln Navigator for family and trips) or an SUV. For me,
I preferred the better line of sight to the road, a bigger feel of openess with
an easier driving position. Overall I just felt better, but there weren't many
choices of getting an SUV with the high performance of a car years ago.
That has all changed where SUVs can clock low 3 seconds to 60.

A buddy of mine has a Mercedes GLC63, I've considered it, but it didn't
have the panache of the Italian style and the Ferrari heritage of race cars.
The Mercedes is a beautiful and well built car, but somewhat muted (like
my previous Porsches) when it's out on the road amongst all the other
motor sport contenders. The Alfa is like that mysteriously beautiful girl in
the room, everyone needs to catch a good look.

I've already gotten 3 compliments on the car, "Wow, what kind of car is
that?", "I love Alfa's" and "That's a beautiful car." On the road, you'll
occasionally catch other drivers staring at it... maybe because it's not
common. The ego boost is definitely there, but for me, it was simply
the "mistress" I was looking for that keeps my heart beating. ;)

My vices.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great commentary.

My vices are more sports car orientated. Had an SRT Grand Cherokee. Great, fast, but big/high/heavy. Have driven all the Dodge products (I do some work with them): brutal. fast. scary with Hellcat Redeye and Demon spec motors…in a good way.

I have owned a Corvette of every generation other than the current one: big blocks, small blocks, ZO6, etc. Still have two. All had/have their charms, but these days, more sophistication is on my mind.

In addition to the vettes, I have an M3 that i love, a Ferrari that screams to 8500rpm, a Porsche, and the 2.0 Stelvio for winter. I actually enjoy the Stelvio more that the SRT Jeep; not as quick, even with the piggyback I have on it, but lighter, more fun to drive through the twisties, even commuting, as it’s not as heavy, ponderous, thirsty.

That’s the great thing, or perhaps the curse to automotive fandom, different appeals but so so many different solutions…we’re fortunate to have the ability to indulge ourselves in so many ways-I try never to forget that.

Happy motoring in that Quad…

·
Registered
169 Posts
I could not hold off the itch any longer so I traded in my Alfa Romeo
Grey Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Carbon for a Stelvio Quadrifoglio Trofeo!

The itch has finally been scratched! Peace.
I did the same one year ago. It's heavy drug, it's addictive, you can't go back now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Great commentary.

My vices are more sports car orientated. Had an SRT Grand Cherokee. Great, fast, but big/high/heavy.
I actually enjoy the Stelvio more that the SRT Jeep; not as quick, even with the piggyback I have on it, but lighter, more fun to drive through the twisties, even commuting, as it’s not as heavy, ponderous, thirsty.

Happy motoring in that Quad…
Did you have a chance to try a Quad vs. your SRT Grand Cherokee? I'm wondering about these two against each other.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you have a chance to try a Quad vs. your SRT Grand Cherokee? I'm wondering about these two against each other.
Here's one guy's perspective between the 2 cars.

His 4 secs to 60 mph in the Alfa is a little slow, maybe because he's a pretty big guy?
I'm able to pull about 3.3 secs to 60 mph. Rolling acceleration is even more amazing,
30 to 120 is wicked fast, blows just about most anything on the road.

At 10:02 "feels like the engine was built in hell but the devil himself..."
At 11:43 to 11:45, this guy sounds like he just busted a nut ... lmao.

Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts